Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004.5 GMC Sierra 2500hd needs tires, even though the current Michelin ltx ms2 only have around 27-28k on them. I am torn between the folling 2 quotes I have gotten. Size 265-75-16

4 Michelin xlt2( Sams club, was told a club only tire they buy in bulk) $910.77

4 Firestone TransForce HT $961.06

Firestone has no warranty, Michelin supposed to have a 70k but we know how that goes.

I am really not happy at all with my current Michelins they are 285-75-16. Was purchased 19 months ago. Since new on a wet road truck was like driving on ice. So I wanted kinda get a feel of what everyone on here thought

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
I wouldn't pick either take a look at cooper st max great tire and it'll last longer than those tires but if you are stuck on those two choices id go firestone

·
Registered
395 Posts
TransForce. I'd vote the AT though if that's a consideration

·
Registered
16,262 Posts
If you didnt like your Michelin LTX M/S2s, you are not gonna like the Michelin X Radial LT2. Both basically have the same tire tread patten.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
I wouldn't pick either take a look at cooper st max great tire and it'll last longer than those tires but if you are stuck on those two choices id go firestone
I did...love em!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The Transforce tires are some of the best tires out there.

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
Not at all...there is a little whine around 35 but its negligible. I have an entire review thread on them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts