Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any pictures of a midnight edition duramax? Looks like a pretty neat idea but I've never seen one in person

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
Reactions: Supreme

·
Registered
31 Posts
I looked at 3 in person. Unfortunately they don't offer it in the LTZ model so I went with the sport edition instead. Looks good though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked at 3 in person. Unfortunately they don't offer it in the LTZ model so I went with the sport edition instead. Looks good though!

What LTZ option did you want they they couldn't get on midnight edition??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
What LTZ option did you want they they couldn't get on midnight edition??

I don't have any pictures 011_Silverado but if you're thinking about a Midnight Edition I would consider the Customer Sport LTZ if you want little extras. I can't speak for dvdprl but before I bought my Custom Sport LTZ, I initially wanted a Midnight Edition. The dealer where I bought my truck had a very similar Midnight Edition to my Custom Sport. My LTZ has basically everything (less available accessories) except sunroof, RSE, roof markers, snow plow pkg and dual alternators. The Midnight Edition had the leather bench seat, black round side steps and the roof markers, with no other differences. It looked just like yours Nrambo, very nice I might add.

I was told by the salesman that for 2016, you couldn't get bucket seats WITH leather in the LT's. It's probably true since I never found one during my search for my truck. I know it's easy to change out cloth for leather or remove the jump seat to add a console but at a cost. I personally like 20" wheels over 18s so that was a mark against the Midnight Edition for me though wheels/tires are easily replaceable. The big kicker was LT's don't have DL3 mirrors (a must IMO with tow mirrors) which I know first hand is time consuming and expensive to add (at least on the 2010+ 900 series trucks).

My decision was easy since I wanted leather, buckets and DL3 mirrors so that left the LTZ. I did not want to go through the time and expense of adding the DL3 mirrors and center console like I did on my 2010 1500 LT. Due to different trucks qualifying for different rebates, for only $700 more, it was a no brainer for me as I then also got vented seats, heated steering wheel and the driver alert package. Plus when it comes time to get rid of my pickup, I'll automatically have higher resale/trade-in value (though it may not be much) thanks to that "Z".

I'm definitely with you on there isn't much differences between the two. Unlike the 900 series trucks that had significant differences between the LTZ and LT on the interior design, these NBS trim levels are too similar. I don't understand Chevrolet with their packaging as you can get an LTZ Midnight Edition in a 1500 so why not in the HD's. I think it's ridiculous that navigation and bucket seats aren't even standard on the LTZ's because then there is really no difference between an LTZ and an LT that has leather and navigation other than the DL3 mirrors and chrome trim. When a fully loaded LT can cost more than a similarly equipped LTZ, why even bother with trim levels. If you like the murdered out look, it's easier and cheaper to eliminate the chrome than change the other options IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah the wheels aren't my favorite I will be buying 20s in the future. You can get midnight edition with leather buckets I looked at about 10 different trucks before buying this one. I went with the leather split bench the buckets with the console just would have turned into junk storage haha. And the split bench has a lockable console in the middle. It's nice for concealed carry when you're at a place that you can't carry haha. But anyways if you know anyone that is wanting to buy black 18s off of midnight edition. And their close to Indiana mine could be for sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just picked up my new Midnight Edition Tuesday night. I love the truck so far. It's got the leather interior, snow prep package, and a few other little things. I sold my old LBZ Duramax for it. This truck is so quiet to drive, it's almost car like. These new diesels are so quiet.

Reactions: Black HD

·
Registered
11 Posts
I traded an 04 cummins in for mine. You wanna talk about a sound difference haha.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Yeah the wheels aren't my favorite I will be buying 20s in the future. You can get midnight edition with leather buckets I looked at about 10 different trucks before buying this one. I went with the leather split bench the buckets with the console just would have turned into junk storage haha. And the split bench has a lockable console in the middle. It's nice for concealed carry when you're at a place that you can't carry haha. But anyways if you know anyone that is wanting to buy black 18s off of midnight edition. And their close to Indiana mine could be for sale.

It's always good to know when the salesmen don't know what they are talking about. The lockable storage is definitely a nice touch. I wish they would incorporate that into the center console instead of just on the upper glove box on the dash. I'll keep an eye out for anyone looking for the midnight edition wheels and let you know if I see anything.

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
I just picked up my new Midnight Edition Tuesday night. I love the truck so far. It's got the leather interior, snow prep package, and a few other little things. I sold my old LBZ Duramax for it. This truck is so quiet to drive, it's almost car like. These new diesels are so quiet.

Your truck looks good! One reason I went with the truck I got over a '14 Denali Duramax I was considering was how quite the cab was. I was amazed how much the triple seals do help when dealing with the same LML. Nrambo, I bet you're loving the huge difference from how loud your Cummins was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts