Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife likes my Duramax so much that she might be looking for one. anyone have a good one for sale or know of one. Good fuel mileage is a must because she will be traveling quit a bit. Looking for one around 20k $ or lower.

·
Registered
250 Posts
d max s dont make good commuter s mpg wise........and with diesel prices heading up again, it will only get worse........

when diesel was 5 bucks a gallon, i was burning thru 700 / month 600 mile s per week for work and a 100 or so for weekends.... can think of alot of other things to spend $$$ other than diesel.

·
Registered
818 Posts
depends on what type of commuting your wife is doing... if my wife was doing 200+kms/day in moose/deer etc areas i would get her one for accident protection.... not a good vehicle for in-city commuting though...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
she would be driving a mountain pass in montana, so bad roads and lots of wildlife. she drives a 01 chevy suburban now that only gets like 13-14 mpg. so if we found a dmax that would get her twenty, we would be happy. and I would not worry about her as much with a truck than if she was driving some toyota prias or something. LOL

·
Registered
818 Posts
i dont know if you guys have moose but i struck a moose in a dmax, front clip, rad and your good to go, i never set off the air bag and the truck never shut down, damages is about $10k cad... our moose are 1klbs... my advice is to get better lighting if night driving and a really stout brush guard setup...

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
well if thats the case, then yeah, the duramax would most likely get better fuel milage. if your not worried about fuel costs and diesel prices sky rocketing in the up comming weeks, then go for it.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
All fuel is going up, not just diesel. My wife drives a Honda Civic and see complains about gas prices also. I also wish she drove a Duramax. Lots of deers where we are now.

·
Registered
250 Posts
oddly, road conditions is why i like driving the dmax.......even thou my commute is on the garden state parkway....i have the crazy drivers to watch out for......

and in your area then a dmax is way to go.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.