Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Legennn... wait for it...
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KKami361 has reported a private message.

Reason:
well... ?
Sent by: bertram31
Original Content:
Staff, looking for some guidance here. CAPT Arellano, speaking, please not the comments made by Mike L on the tranny shop yesterday. Totally unacceptable. Standing by before I pursue this further......thank you.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
wtf is he talking about Kevin?

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
It sounds like Mike said something bad about that guy's trans shop?

Edit: Reading Links

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
Lol tell him to quit crying a get thicker skin.....if he is all bent of shape about that, bet he has led a pretty rough life.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
its about ATS lol...

·
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMO, Mike is showing his disliking of ATS... but it definitely could have been worded better

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Mike could have worded it better, but I think he was saying it's a lie. It seems from a scientific or mechanical perspective Mike feels the statement is inaccurate and misleading to consumers.

Maybe edit the thread and ask Mike to try convey his thoughts more professionally in the future?

Mike had clearly stated previously what the part did and had not trashed it IMO. He only argued that using it with an ATS transmission vs a different transmission wouldn't net different results.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I deleted the post....gonna inform the whiner on having some thicker skin.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I closed the new subsequent thread, I felt the issue was addressed and it was going downhill quickly.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Reported Private Message by TDFDiesel

TDFDiesel has reported a private message.

Reason:
Documenting.
Sent by: bertram31
Original Content:
Great call. Many jumping in on an issue not related to them. My question is Mike L, what started this mess. Looking for guidance from the DF staff. Read his post and tell me if that is acceptable to the DF forum. I know he is a "sponsor" but does that allow him to break the rules........

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
What actions do you feel is warranted?

Should newest thread be closed or let play out? He has posted the violating verbiage from Mike L in the very first post.

Is an infraction warranted?

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
I thought about sending this reply, is it appropriate?

The concern was brought up and addressed by forum staff.

The post in question has been removed by another staff member who has addressed the situation. Reposting the post in quotes is violating the same rule you reported.

You are currently violating the following rules, please review the rules of the forum. In the future if you have an issue with a post, please report the post and it will be addressed appropriately. There is a report link next to posts in a thread that will bring that post to the attention of Duramax Forum staff. Opening numerous threads is not the appropriate way to address this situation.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/forum-rules-df-staff/10914-forum-rules.html

2.1 Repeatedly post any material that the moderators feel is antagonistic to others or instigates non-productive conflict between users as well as vendors/sponsors.

2.2 Post any material or comment that is considered to be "baiting" others into an unproductive conflict online. Baiting is considered to be any post that intentionally badgers, heckles, or leads another user(s) into an antagonistic discussion;

2.4 Post or transmit any material that is mean-spirited, abusive, obscene, hateful, fraudulent, threatening, vulgar harassing or defamatory (the use of symbols or characters to mask profanity and expletives is prohibited and undermines the spirit of these guidelines);

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah that would be appropriate.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
This guy bought the truck and posted thread about his new truck on 9/7.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/introductions/105065-2006-lbz-duramx-cclb.html

The same day he was posting about a MAF issue on his ATS intake.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/0...rtrain/105082-2006-lbz-duramx-cclb-p0107.html

His previous truck looks stock.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vehicles-sale/83106-1-owner-2008-silverado-duramax-dually.html

Then this post was made at 7:53pm yesterday 9/8/11.
I have been very pleased with the ATS Co-pilot but have had the tranny undergo a total rebuild at ATS, so I believe it is a synergistic effect of having two components working hand in glove together.
Which started the riot when Mike immediately responded with.

Mike L. said:
You are also full of shit. Don't think you ever drove a truck with a good trans.
Leading me to believe Mike was right and he had no prior experience except driving the recently purchased truck from Iowa to North Carolina.

This guy is getting pretty defensive over a product installed on his truck when he bought it.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
yeah he is. Weird I was reading one of his posts..he has been in for 37 years in the military and only a Capt....he was either prior enlisted, in the guard, or just a real tool.

·
I'm That Guy...
16,694 Posts
Yeah that would be appropriate.
PM Sent.

Mike's comment was out of line, but the onslaught of posts from Bertram31 were much more disruptive and inappropriate IMO.

Mike should receive a warning as his actions also violated the rules.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I think Mike actually knows this member as it is stated that they have talked on the phone before.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts