Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building vehicle for heavy off-road application. The project aims to develop assemblies as well as a whole new multi-purpose vehicle adapted for operation in extremely hard terrain conditions (military training ground, places, rail and air accidents). The problem is that I do not know the US market that is why I need your help. I need the diesel engine which can run other with manual or automatic gear box. Not long ago I wanted to buy 6.5L Military Peninsular engine but it can only run with GM 4L-85E automatic transmission. The second problem was the 4L-85E has a “narrow” gear ratios. That is why I decided to buy a Duramax engine. I do not know what generation of Duramax I should buy (LB7 or LLY – both of them can run with Allison 1000 or ZF-6 ZF S6-650). Are there any company’s similar to Peninsular where I can buy a Duramax engine tuned for heavy off-road application?

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Buy the lly, pull the heads and replace head gaskets with OEM "grade c" gaskets and use arp head studs to keep those heads on. Then use efi live to tune that engine/trans combo to your liking. Or contact a a vendor here and have them make whatever tune you want for your application. The lly with the new style gaskets and arp studs is a much better option than the lb7 in my opinion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Or contact a a vendor here and have them make whatever tune you want for your application.
Please give more details with who I should contact with (I'm from Europe and do not know US market).

·
Registered
348 Posts
Contact bob at dieselx.com. He will set up your tuning for whatever you need

·
Reign in Blood
4,553 Posts
milverado!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I almost got one but they guy sold it, when ever you are ready to trade it for a 91 military HMMWV advise for now only in my dreams thank you for the pictures

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 HD 2wd EXT cab long box. I'm doing a BDS 6" lift on this weekend.I have a chance to buy some Humvee bead lock wheels and tires 37x12.50x16.5 I believe? and was told I would need a spacer?I really would like to buy these rims and tires as they are like new and I think they would look great with my off road meets Mad Maxs look.I am looking for any help you guys can lend me in regards to these tires and wheels.Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts