Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a mini maxx race tuner off eBay that was used and it has the 6.7 ford downloaded on it and when I try to pick 2012 LML it says it needs an update.

I've tried to update the sd card multiple times and am so frustrated with it. It either says the sd card is full of it times out. I've gone in and cleared the sd card completely and same thing happens. It is the 2gb sd card and I am using a MacBook Pro to do the update. Do I need to use a windows computer or something? Thanks in advance...

2012 Sierra Denali HD LML Fass titanium 150

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
Yeah, you need a Windows based computer...When I had my H&S, I used my MacBook Pro and it will not work. There is supposedly some program that you can get to make it to work but it will cost you a pretty penny...for a program. There is also a way to partition your MacBooks harddrive but then you have to buy Windows software. I just went out and bought a laptop specifically for the truck, and called it a day. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's what I was afraid of. Windows computers suck. The old lady has one that won't even turn on and it's like 4 years old. Guess I better just break down and support bill gates some more. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it! I'll update soon.

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
No problem man.....I hate Windows too, hopefully one day, Mac will be compatible.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have the H and S Updater on my MacBook Pro and have successfully updated my minimaxx and a buddy's. I recently did my buddy's and had to get a bigger sd card to handle the memory it downloaded

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the Hs forum they say that you cannot use a sd card bigger than 2 gb... So that just made it even weirder because I tried with my 16gb and it didn't work

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well as far as I'm concerned it worked....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: I grabbed a 16gb sd card and downloaded it last night. It said the update was successful. So I got excited and put the card into the mini maxx and tried to change vehicles. The mini maxx then said "unable to locate sd card" WTF I'm so frustrated with this damn thing

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can I just buy another blank 2 gig sd card?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2011 and was installing it this afternoon. It started out all right, but same thing. I selected 2011 duramax and it went through the 5 second buzz now it's completely blank. Will updating the card solve this. It's a new mini maxx from alligatorperformance.com

2011 Chevrolet 2500 HD

Bone Stock

1 - 11 of 11 Posts