Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 LBZ with 150,000 on it, and I was considering switching to Mobil Delvac 1300 (15W 40). I've been running Rotella, but I used to drive class 8 trucks for a living, and in those bigger diesels I've heard alot of good things about delvac. I live in south-east Indiana and stay local. Any experiences good or bad would be appreciated.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I use it myself. Mobil makes good oil and I have never had one issue with their oil in any of my vehicles. It's cheap at walmart at 9.97 for a gallon so for around 40 bucks with filter who can complain about the price of an oil change? I change it every 5K miles. Good luck.

Steve

Reactions: Matchrocket

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
I will add this. Yes it is cheap at WalMart, however, there is another alternative that will save you more in the long run. At that 5K interval that $40 change will cost an average of $120 annually. Not counting time to change and cost of labor if you have it changed for you. If you happen to be considering all options and are on a budget then Amsoil may cost more up front, but you can definitely get a full year out of one change for less money. Just food for thought there on your options on synthetic oils available.

Just make sure to check your options and if you want more info about Ams, check the site vendors as they have a vested interest in making sure you get the most value for your budget.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I run delvac in my rig. I go around 6500-7500 miles between changes, and no complaints.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If I am correct mobil1 delvac is a non synthetic?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Great oil. Been running in my 1991 7.3 idi with no problems since new.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Mobil 1 Delvac is full synthetic
Actually it's Mobil "Delvac 1" (or TurboDiesel truck)that is the synthetic product name.

*The Delvac 1300 Super is a Excellent conventional oil with much less volatility than Shell Rotella.

Delvac 1, Delvac 1300, Mobil 1, Mobil TDT are all Product names of the Mobil oil corporation....

Heyyaa

·
Street Sleeper
614 Posts
My apologies in dredging up an old thread but when you say Delvac 1300 Super is much less volatile than Rotella could you explain a bit further on that? I am just looking for the best products to use in my rig so any further information would be greatly appreciated. I want to stay with a conventional oil, so thanks in advance for any further info

·
Registered
686 Posts
Volatility (chemistry), a measure of the tendency of a substance to vaporize. It has also been defined as a measure of how readily a substance vaporizes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always thougt delvac was non synthetic

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use mobile del vac. Great oil. I use mobile in everything I have.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
You'll get to 1,000,000 miles with few or no problems running Delvac or Rotella or Amsoil. Just use what you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Back in the 60's we'd run Delvac once in a while in our GMC V6. Boy did it clean up the engine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
5 gallon pail Mobil Delvac 1300 on sale for 59.99 minus 35.00 mail in rebate =$24.99 for 2 oil changes (+ filter)

Reactions: chevor
1 - 20 of 27 Posts