Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently came across an extra 1000.00. And I automatically thought Exhaust and Programmer. And some of you have helped me alot in deciding what I am going to get. But then I started thinking....should I get the exhaust and PPE...OR.... new tires and a bull bar. I have stock tires right now....and I used to have Cooper Discoverer A/T's on my Avalanche..and I LOVED them...quiet and agressive looking. If you guys were in my situation..what would you do? Exhaust or PPE.......or.......Tires and Bull Bar? And if I get 265/75-16 tires...will it kill my gas mileage? I heard those are as big as you can go without having to adjust things. Any opinions would help!

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
thats the thing i like about diesels with all that torque you can run a taller tire with out loosing to much and if you jump up so little of a size it won't hurt any thing..i'm runnin 265's on my 06 LBZ and looks better but it didn't decrease my fuel economy or power..

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have recently came across an extra 1000.00. And I automatically thought Exhaust and Programmer. And some of you have helped me alot in deciding what I am going to get. But then I started thinking....should I get the exhaust and PPE...OR.... new tires and a bull bar. I have stock tires right now....and I used to have Cooper Discoverer A/T's on my Avalanche..and I LOVED them...quiet and agressive looking. If you guys were in my situation..what would you do? Exhaust or PPE.......or.......Tires and Bull Bar? And if I get 265/75-16 tires...will it kill my gas mileage? I heard those are as big as you can go without having to adjust things. Any opinions would help!
i'll get the exhuast and PPE first, get some more power and mileage first. tires would be next since upgrading to a bigger tire may cause mileage decrease that why the PPE could get your mileage back up, bull bar last.

·
Registered
53 Posts
have you thought about gauges they are not that much in the fun factor but are extremely useful, especially if your going to get a programmer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gauges is definately a good thing to be looking at also. Exhaust, gauges, and pillar pod (or something to hold'em). I would see what that would set you back and go from there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts