Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what mods can i do to my stock air system that will increase flow and horsepower? or should i just get a new cold air intake

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
wont get more horse power really but just cut it up there is a thread in the DIY section about it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Taht is a great article with very clear directions! Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Either way, modding your stock air box will save quite a bit of money. I unfortunately didn't read all the threads when I first came to the forum. I purchased a TCAI airbox from one of the vendors....It is a nice product but not worth the money. I did the same mod on my buddies truck a few weeks later for under $10.00 which saved him enough money for other mods....Oh well just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
987 Posts
i did the lbz air box mod last week but havent had time to see if there was any changes. did notice it made the turbo whistle a lil bit louder!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Has this actually been proven to flow more air?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Anybody? Anyone?

·
Save Water, Drink Beer
1,102 Posts
I have done PPE mod. It will allow a lot more air, you can tell when you clean your filter. Lots of Bees, Wasps, and Dragonflies. After the mod it seemed to have a little more pep, but it could just be myself.

·
Registered
687 Posts
The mods help get the intake air coming from OUTSIDE the engine compartment where air temps are much lower than under the hood. This will help the turbo run cooler, which will help it last longer. It also keeps air temps down so the clutch fan doesn't come on as much. The hp gain comes when the fan doesn't come on.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Has this actually been proven to flow more air?
:rof
LOL, have you looked in the stock assembly? :eek:
The intake is 1/2 blocked by the fan assembly then air must make very tight 90 degree bends before it can even enter the box!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts