Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2500HD 4x4 crew cab Classic style for only two days and I need to mod. First, new dual exhaust. Second, new wheels and tires ( 20" or 22" ). I plan on towing to the max ( 15,500 or more if possible ). What is the type of wheel I should be looking for to maximize the towing? Also more power wanted, are new injectors worth it without voiding warranty with a "chip"?

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
You shouldn't need injectors unless you go really wild with power. I don't know of many with different injectors. ON the wheels, you should find one that has a high weight rating per wheel. Also if your doing a fifth wheel trailer, E rated tires would prolly be best and you may want to look at add a leaf springs or an air bag system on the rear of the truck. I pu on 17's with 285's on an D rating and they sponge pretty good even at 50 psi. I've been thinking about some airbags. I had to crank my t-bars and that makes it seem like my truck sags easier in the back with a trailer with a lot of tongue weight. ON exhaust, there are several systems to go with. I like my silverline personally.

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
first off i would recommend the silverline exhausts for your duals,and for the wheels well your strongest ones are the forged wheels but i would go with the 22" and go with the 20's seeing they are alot more popular then the 22's.don't worry about injecters seeing the stock ones will support up to 550 rwhp and for a chip i would recommend the ppe programmers or if you want the best for the bang the diablo is a great one to have..i have pic of a dual silverline exhaust in my garage http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=386 http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=84

1 - 3 of 3 Posts