Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems all the modules stop adding Hp above 100. Why is that when programers are good to 295 HP? Are there modules that give more than 100 hp? I like the on the fly adjustments, power removal for EGT, and real time code erasing, EGT integrations, etc. I would eventually like more than 100 hp but modules don't seem to offer more for some reason, why?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
most modules or plug in boxes do have more than 100 hp. My TST has 140 extra HP....but it does not clear or read codes. I don't think the edge does either. You could go with EFI live with the DSP5 and then you could load up 5 different programs and change them on the fly. Eventually I will be getting EFI live, but I need to get real guages first. You will obviously need to upgrade the tranny before going to the 100 hp and above mark though....which is a pretty pricey upgrade in itself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got a link for TST? What does TST stand for?
EFI live. Confusing site. Do you have a link to their programer?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
TST's site is www.tstproducts.com. they only have a programmer for the LB7 engine. As far as EFI Live, you have to buy the adapter for the computer to the truck...software is free, but you have to play around with it a lot more. EFI Live uses a laptop to make changes to the program. Edge Juice with attitude should take you over the 100 hp mark....you need the attitude to get level 5. I don't know which engine you have, if you fill in your signature, we can help you decide on a programmer. You also have to remember that going over the 100 hp mark will be increasing your hp by about 1/3 over stock. Just remember it wears more stuff faster and that it puts a great strain on mechanical components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts