Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue I had an ‘11 duramax and now got a ‘16 and both are allowing moisture in I had to change bulbs in ‘11 all the time hoping not gonna be the same w ‘16

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
When you're replacing the bulbs, is there a red gasket around the bottom of the bulb?

Take a 1/8" drill bit and throw a hole in the bottom and the top from the inside. Its small enough to not see but large enough to allow airflow / drainage

·
Registered
105 Posts
I get it inherited wintertime on my 2017. Those bulbs et awfully hot and the way the bucket is designed it is supposed to vent out. I have been told it is normal and nothing to be concerned with as long as there isn't water sitting in the bottom of the lens.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I forgot! Last year was my first winter with this truck but i did get a bit on my 18 along the corner lights and outer portions.

So one thing I have read, thats why they didnt switch the HDs over to LED headlights so early because the heat helps keep them warm so ice and snow doesnt stick to them while hauling. If its BS and just because they skimped out, who knows, but it is plausible

·
Registered
105 Posts
I forgot! Last year was my first winter with this truck but i did get a bit on my 18 along the corner lights and outer portions.

So one thing I have read, thats why they didnt switch the HDs over to LED headlights so early because the heat helps keep them warm so ice and snow doesnt stick to them while hauling. If its BS and just because they skimped out, who knows, but it is plausible
I don't get it in the warmer months. Usually, it is just a small band that will dissipate at night. It seems like a design flaw on one hand, but a good thing on the other to allow all that heat to dissipate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts