Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,

Got a 2015 cclb. My bump steer is pretty noticeable so I ordered this ACDelco steering stabilizer, but the unit that arrived in the mail today is a Monroe 25888044. Is this the OEM stabilizer or did I get ripped off? Pictures show the box and the unit that arrived.

My local dealer is super nitpicky and I don't want to give them any reason to deny my 36k warranty if I have issues with my tires or frontend. Figured I'm better off with the OEM parts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Monroe makes the steering stabilizers for many companies, many of the other after market stabilizers are just Monroe's with a decal on it.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
AC delco fuel filters aren't made by ac delco either.

GM truck frames aren't made by GM either.

etc, etc, etc....

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Gotcha, looks like I'll keep it then. They're probably made in the same factory anyway. Just seems a bit misleading to advertise it as an ACDelco.:confused:
Just found your thread - did the unit work out ok? Make a difference? I am in a new 2015.5 that I have put 12K miles on and thought this might help the front end last longer. I've no complaints about the bump steer as it's stock, but noticed the absence of a stabilizer when I greased it again. Thought I'd get your feedback before I ordered it.

Thanks in advance for your input!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just found your thread - did the unit work out ok? Make a difference? I am in a new 2015.5 that I have put 12K miles on and thought this might help the front end last longer. I've no complaints about the bump steer as it's stock, but noticed the absence of a stabilizer when I greased it again. Thought I'd get your feedback before I ordered it.

Thanks in advance for your input!
In the other post uou had, I had a link that talks about them and the difference between brands. It should work the front should be the same.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Monroe made the struts on my g8 in Australia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts