Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have 03 d/a recently keyed ignition and glow plug light and engine light did not come and truck would not start for the whole day. tried again the next day and it started fine. have taken it to two dealerships and one mech. and they cannot figure out why it does this intermittently. thinking maybe neutral start back up switch?

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
how many miles on it and are you using the original batteries....batteries can cause weird things to happen.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bought truck brand new in december 2002. now has 101,000 miles and still useing original batteries, but have chacked them with my multimeter and they still show 12.6 volts apiece. truck has banks exhaust, waste gate actuator, edge ez programer,k&n fipk and fs 2500 bypass oil filter. have replaced ignition reays in the underhood fuse box and have not been able to narrow the problem down.

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Just because they show 12.6V with a multimeter does not mean they are good. Take your truck to autozone and have them load tested. If one is bad, replace both at the same time. If your batteries still check good under a load test, unplug the edge and see if it starts. (I would start here) Edge has been known for not letting it to start and killing (stopping/shutting down) the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your advice. will check batteries again. hope it is the problem. if it turns out to be the edge, can i contact them about the problem? ive had the programer for over a year. will update when i have figured out the problem, getting stranded at work really sucks

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
Yeah, edge should hook you up if it is causing the problem...they have hooked people up in the past for the same type of stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
changed both batteries yesterday after truck left my wife on tuesday night. no change truck will not start. found mechanic who may be able to diagnose the problem. willtow to his shop in the morning. will let you know if he can figure it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i thinck i found the problem. had an ignition fuse in the underhood fuse box that was loose. sometimes it would make enough contact to start, and sometimes it would not. tightened everything up and seems to be working well. contacted edge about the problem and they said they would replace programer if that was the problem, but i don't think it was. hope this helps someone who might have the same problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.