Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys anyone know where i can get more general and in-depth info on the dmax? i just wanna read up on it, thanks felas :drink

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your on here enough you should know everything! :rof

What exactly are you trying to learn or read about?
^^ yea true! lol but im just looking on more information on the engine. like turbo brand and size. injection pump and common rail information. idk just like more in-depth information

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so the cp3, it that what feeds the common rail? and thats located on the engine right?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and lets say you were to get another cp3 or a lift pump, you just combine that with the stock one?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
a second cp3 wont be necessary untill huge stock motor killing power levels...but its not that easy...if you want to add a second cp it needs a stand alone electronic controller...the whole setup costs over 2 grand easy...but like i said not needed till you make really big power.

lift pump is easy just plumbs in inline pre cp3

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so does 2 cp's feed more fuel than a stock cp3 and lets say a fass?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and what is the stand alone controller for another cp3?

·
Quicker Then Brian!
11,080 Posts
even with dual cp3's you still need a lift pump...your best off getting the whole idea of dual cp3s out of your head right now if you want your motor to live...i dont think you understand the power capable from just 1 cp3.

the cp3 is controlled electronically...if you just throw another one in there it wont know what to do thats one of the reasons dual cp3 setups are so expensive

·
saw what you did there
14,297 Posts
Is this another "i don't have a truck yet, but I'm going to ask 1 million questions." thread... :D

I love enthusiasm. :rof

just start searchin' dude. :drink

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this another "i don't have a truck yet, but I'm going to ask 1 million questions." thread... :D

I love enthusiasm. :rof

just start searchin' dude. :drink
yea it is. i want to know about a truck before i buy it, so i know what to do to it! thanks for all the info guys

1 - 18 of 18 Posts