Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

More suspension questions.

2K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  Buck 
#1 ·
So my question is I cant un crank my t bars because I need the clearance.
I'm running 2'' keys now.
Should I buy a coginto leveling kit?
Or maybe a set of max cams that will give me that .5 inch and I can turn the bolts out a little bit?
Coginto say's I can run there upper control arm with my kit but The dual shock kit I have wont work. I think that's bs because of where it bolts in. But the coginito dual hoop kit looks better and will let the lines for the resivor stick out rather than in.
I know the right way to do it is buy a 8'' kit but I'm trying to get around that.
Any of you guys use the max camm kit?

#2 ·
you can put 5" keys in there and take the bolts completely out but that wont effect anything.

really not much you can do. the congito kit will help with angles and such but wont do a whole lot for your ride

#4 ·
Holy bad angles!! I'd uncrank the lift a bunch and cut more metal or upgrade to a larger lift.

#5 ·
yea its because of less tension on the bars, basically what im saying is with lift keys even though the bolts can be less its still the same things because the bar is twisted x amount so the max keys wont do much for ya :(

but yea if you can get everything to fit with trimming thats the way to go

#8 ·
37's and you still have stock tie rods? lol

you need a bigger lift, surprised your cv's dont bind all the time as is!

#10 ·
can't tell from the pic but are you sitting on your droop stop? if they are that’s most of your ride problems.

as far as turning T-bar bolts...that don't do jack for the ride...all they are is changing pre-load not spring rate.

#16 ·
Well my truck rode fine until I put the keys in and maxed them out, now it rides like sh*t. becasue now with the "lift" keys maxxed out it has zero down travle and that with the heavy motor and not enough control over what little wheel travle you have makes the ride rough, not the keys or the bars.
^^see above^^

this is basicly what Nor-cal Nick trys to explain to everyone... its not that hard. you need up and down travle to have a good ride.

#11 ·
Well my truck rode fine until I put the keys in and maxed them out, now it rides like sh*t. So I don't know what else did it. That's why I"m posting. So what did it do besides raise the truck. Could it be my shocks are totally maxed out now. It just seems like there is no travel. I took it off road on Sunday and I thought the whole truck was going to fall apart.

#12 ·
Its because you have no down travel. The smallest gap you want is around 5/8" gap for a good ride. Let off on the bars to get more of a gap between the upper a-arm and stop.

Couple choices you have:
1. Keep driving how it is
2. Drop tbars and tire size
3. Drop tbars and cut more metal to keep tires
4. Get a bigger lift

#18 ·
a 12 pack should do the trick! :rockin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.