Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been contemplating this and crunching numbers for some time now and have finally decided to do the swap. I have an 03 LB7 and have a few questions about some things. I've read through some other posts and they have answered alot of my questions. The big thing is I would like to get it as factory as possible with the wiring of it. I've seen that there is a way to get cruise to work, does anyone know exactly how that's done on an LB7? And what do i do with my TCM? And tuning? Any help, tips, or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I did it on mine and ended up swapping to a built Allison it wasn't too bad tuning just needs reflashed to manual tunes and then wiring have to put in a safety switch and some other little stuff

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did it on mine and ended up swapping to a built Allison it wasn't too bad tuning just needs reflashed to manual tunes and then wiring have to put in a safety switch and some other little stuff
I figured I would have to put in a safety switch, which works out great since I probably won't be the only driver. I pretty much figured out all the big stuff, its the wiring and all the little things that have me puzzled. I know on these the cruise is controlled thru the ECM.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I believe when you reflash it to the manual trans program that should fix the cruise and everything

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought I read somewhere the the safety switch has to be wired into the ECM somewhere?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts