Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gearin up to do the deed and was thinkin the passenger side manifold doesn't seem too accurate... Just convienent

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,633 Posts
Why isnt it accurate?
yea i wanna know this as well, its still a manifold with 4 cylinders worth of exhaust in it...no diffrence between the 2

·
Registered
407 Posts
It goes in the pre-fitted modified uppipe that you get with the full egr delete kit!! I know, I know....when I get the money too...

·
King of Battle
854 Posts
Im gonna put a probe in all eight exhaust ports that runs to a computer that adverages them and displays it in my stock radio head unit

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^hahaha:) good chit!!!! To my knowledge its not terrible but heard there may be a better spot is all...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
this topic has been beat to death so many times.

If you wanted the absolute most appropriate reading you would want to read what is going directly into the turbine. However, since its damn impossible to get any type of probe in there, you move down the exhaust stream, and whats at the end of the up pipes? the manifold.

Every taps the pass side because its easier to do. I have aftermarket manifolds and tried switching the probe around, no noticable difference on my gauge between driver or pas side

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
676 Posts
I am sure that putting a probe in the exhaust will not cause a restriction in the flow. The manifolds are made to take advantage of pulse tecnoligy, that was figured out by old timers.
That is why headers do not work on a diesel. Put the probe post turbo and you will still get Knowledge, if you need to have big numbers, bend the needle.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Ive thought about adding one to the drivers side manifold also. To see if there is ever a strong difference between the two. Like if there was an injector on one side doing something it shouldnt. It's mostly an idea that developed in my head when I started to think that my knock is on the drivers side, but my probe is passenger side. Numbers are fine passenger side, could be a different story drivers side, hopefully not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts