Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 Silverado 2500HD LB7, 2WD extended cab, 8' bed. It has 308,000 miles. It was in Texas from new until 2016, then Iowa. Rockers and cab corners are in good shape. A few dents, but idc.

Bought this one because it was 2WD (no transfer case or front diff to maintain/repair). Also likely never had a tuner on it. It has a rebuilt flood title brand from 2005, but has gone 15 years and 275000 miles since then, so I guess it was fixed ok? Got it cheap enough that I still have the $$ for injectors, but a balance test seems okay, and it is not smoking.

Bought it strictly to tow a 11,000 lb 5th wheel (which my 2002 reg cab 2WD 6.0 gas did not seem to like much). This is my 1st diesel truck, and first with anything more than a reg cab. This is not going to be a daily driver. I commute about 100 miles (mosly highway) a day, and have a different breed diesel for that (2018 Cruze, with 6-speed manual).

I have no plans to mod the truck. I would like to just drive it for 2 or 3 years, Then maybe get something a little nicer with fewer miles. Honestly, I was shopping harder for an 8.1 gas, but felt I could not pass this one up.

I will say I got 20.5 mpg driving it home (about 220 miles). My 6.0 gets about 15 highway, and I am sure an 8.1 would be worse.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Welcome! Good to see another good ol' classic truck here!!

·
Premium Member
4,694 Posts
Since you are new here and to diesels, this thread should be of interest to you:

Also do some searching on here for towing recommendations/how to. There is more to it than just hook up go and hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts