Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a new owner of a Dmax. Also new to Duramax Forum(any forum for that matter). So this may not be the area for this issue, but here goes. I just bought my '06 sierra slt 3500 drw. I noticed the first time towing that there is a roaring, kinda vibration coming from the front. I put it up on stands and started looking around. I noticed that the driver's side engine mount is resting on the frame/engine cradle. I think that is the source of the noise. The truck is just under 150k. Any suggestions? Thanks:help

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
i would say you found the problem.... merchant auto makes a nice motor mount set. they are a vender here

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
MA ones really arent necessary if its just a DD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...If it's a DD?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Great info...thanks

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Always go with better because if you decide to hop er up it will pay off in the end.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a DD. Mostly weekends towing the toy hauler to the dirt bike races. I do plan on some mods. Pcv reroute, egr delete, 4" exhaust and maybe a flashpac tuner for some towing help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have kinda moved away from all out performance mods in my old age. LOL. I would like to see some towing MPG improvenent. I'm not sure what to expect, but I think 8.9-9.3 seems kinda low?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
It is a DD. Mostly weekends towing the toy hauler to the dirt bike races. I do plan on some mods. Pcv reroute, egr delete, 4" exhaust and maybe a flashpac tuner for some towing help. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I have kinda moved away from all out performance mods in my old age. LOL. I would like to see some towing MPG improvenent. I'm not sure what to expect, but I think 8.9-9.3 seems kinda low?
i would recommend ppe for a can tuner... good product

·
That One Guy
7,421 Posts
I am going with MA motor mounts but mine is a little over stock HP and I see more in the future. But you can get motor mounts for like $100 a pair. So unless you want to spend more money and get MA's stock ones should hold up for quite a while.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
motor mounts

Thanks for the input. I think I will bo replacing them wit the OEM mounts from GM. Although the ones from MA sure do look robust enough, with no mods and only minor mods planned I don't think they are needed. Plus there is this thing called a budget.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts