Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes I've had two or 3 go bad. Merchant automotive makes a bad ass set for 400 dollars other than that just got stock again. I've always had a shop do it for me

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well I drive a stick shift so the tourqing of the gear shiter. But you can put a jack under ur engine and see if it moves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
you should be able to feel the difference in the way it sits at idle itll be a rougher feeling just put your hand on the steering wheel and you can feel if it moves rougher then it use to or like ^ he said use something to see if itll move

·
Registered
979 Posts
Lol i said shiter..... I mean shifter

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
Merchant motor mounts transmit some engine vibration into the cab, but not too bad. You can remove your stock ones, and drill a hole in the middle and bolt it

·
Registered
522 Posts
Max Effort finished my mounts off in about a week, so I put Kryptonite Motor Mounts in mine rated for up to 1600hp. $369.99 from Dmaxstore

·
Registered
640 Posts
This reminds me, I have MA mounts sitting in my garage begging for an install... :(

·
Coffee addict
1,831 Posts
This reminds me, I have MA mounts sitting in my garage begging for an install... :(
They transmit engine vibration into the cab, just FYI

·
Registered
640 Posts
They transmit engine vibration into the cab, just FYI
I'm fine with that and from what I've read it's not bad at all. I had stiff mounts on my Evo as well, so I'm familiar with the increase in drivetrain noise as well as vibration. I'm hoping it will fix the issues I have with my exhaust moving around so damn much and hitting my rear shock since the front pipe seems cocked a few degrees, throwing everything else off...

·
Registered
522 Posts
In cab vibration is barely noticeable on mine, in fact if I would not have seen a forum on here talking about it I'm not sure I would have known the difference...

·
Registered
979 Posts
One thing I've always done to check is pop the hood have someone watch as I have my foot on the brake and slowly engage the clutch. Again mine is stick shift but idk if you could do the same on a automatic with the brake and gas pedal.

·
Registered
522 Posts
^^Yes, you can do the same with an auto, I had a buddy power brake mine in the yard when I had a broken mount and the other one was cracked. It scared the crap out of me, I literally thought my motor was climbing out from underneath the hood. 4-5" of movement is not exaggerating.

·
Registered
979 Posts
^^Yes, you can do the same with an auto, I had a buddy power brake mine in the yard when I had a broken mount and the other one was cracked. It scared the crap out of me, I literally thought my motor was climbing out from underneath the hood. 4-5" of movement is not exaggerating.
Ya lol it ain't to fun to see ur motor do that

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looking for replacement motor mounts now and will mostly like go back with stock.
I plan to replace both.
Pretty sure that this is a busted passenger side:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts