Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 weeks ago i got a 06 lbz reg cab 3500 srw with 6 miles on it,:rockin i now have 2800 miles, i'm getting 17-18 empty, 14-15 with a 36' g-neck and 22k on it.

how will straight piping it affect power and mileage

power wise i'm not puttin any programmers on it

egr blocker plate, purpose? use, advantage, and where is it?

finger stick fixes the codes thrown from the egr plate, right

this is the first d-max that i liked the power and feel, my last truck was a 02 2500hd ecsb w/ 8.1 and ally behind, loved it minus the 3/4 ton part and the mpg, didn't handle heavy loads like my 98 2500 ecsb 7.4 did, but that sob would haul azz, if you couldn't tell i like hp:drink

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts
Hey man congrats on the truck! How did you luck out on that one?!

Straight pipeing it will open up some power by increasing exhaust flow after loosing the cat and muffler which hold back alot.

The EGR blocker helps eliminate soot from reentering the engine. Its located on the rear of the motor passenger side. Its not really a power gain.

The SES light comes on often after installing a straight pipe and intake however it doesnt always happen. The finger stick eliminates the SES light from comming after installing those.

Hope you enjoy it!! :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you really want some to open it up i'd straight pipe it. i put a 4" straight pipe, no kat, no muffler mine and i love it. in time if you wanted to i would put a programmer on. i have one on mine and i pull a trailer all the time. i love it. i havent really checked but i do believe it helps the mpg a little bit too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info!!! yea i got real lucky, i drove 3 hours to cape coral to get it but chevy had 4k in rebates and the dealer took another 4k off, they sell a lot of vetts, they had it on there lot sence jan. of 06 soo they really wanted it gone.

anyhow, is the blocker plate worth it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just knowing your truck is not sucking in exhaust gas should be reason enough to get one. I hate those damn things! Do they honestly clean that up the air that much??? Not really, so why have one?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts