Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am only getting 11-12.5 mpg around town whether I am pulling my work trailer or driving with out it. I am driving really easy and even this past weekend I took a trip up to the lake and only averaged 12-13 mpg. Anyone have any suggestions on why my mileage is is so poor if I am driving easy? Or is it where it is supposed to be and I am just expecting too much? I have talked to tons of people locally that supposedly get 15 or better around town.

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I would say it would be the 6" lift on 35's..are you running a tuner at all?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tuner yet.... I figured it would get worse mpg with the lift and 35's but I didn't think it would impact it that much. My gas truck with the same lift/tires gets 14+ in town pulling a trailer. Thanks for the info!

·
Stupid Has The Balls
2,515 Posts
Very very dirty air filter, Some how a dirty MAF sensor, Lift and Big Tires, Clogged up fuel filter......

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Filter is new... Whats an MAF sensor? and I am about to change the fuel filter

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am only getting 11-12.5 mpg around town whether I am pulling my work trailer or driving with out it. I am driving really easy and even this past weekend I took a trip up to the lake and only averaged 12-13 mpg. Anyone have any suggestions on why my mileage is is so poor if I am driving easy? Or is it where it is supposed to be and I am just expecting too much? I have talked to tons of people locally that supposedly get 15 or better around town.
2006 Duramax
MBRP Exhaust
6" Lift on 35's <==== my suggestion for the culprit as well...
More to Come......

What kind of setup do those "tons" of people have in comparison to yours? Remember 245's to 35's ain't apples to apples and some may use the DIC for mileage (which lies most of the time).

Regards,
Keith

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
fuel filter and a tuner will help, i run 35s on my truck and i see 14-15 city and ive seen 20-21 freeway, but with the 06 youll have a hard time hitting that with the lift

another thing to think about would be egr plate and do you still have a cat?

·
Registered
76 Posts
My mpg drop'd severely as well just switching from 285s to 35s. I went from averaging 20+ to barely getting 13 and I have a very light foot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts