Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 lb7 crew cab short bed. The upgrades it currently has are the k&n cold air intake, banks bighead wastegate actuator, twin cooling fans, and an economy tune with the diablosport predator. I just took a couple 200 mile highway trips, and set the cruise at 72mph. Both times I filled up I did the calculations and I was getting 15.5-16.5mpg? I know for sure I should be getting better than this unloaded. Any ideas on why the MPG is this Low? and any ideas for increasing the mileage?

Registered
have you cleaned your maf sensor.you can get the cleaner at any auto parts store b sure and get maf sensor cleaner. tire pressure? Fuel filter? Have you cleaned your air filter lately? my truck seems to get the best fuel mileage on the highest possible HP tune. Just be careful with 4-5 and 5-4 shifts.lots of things to try, good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, i"ll give all that a try. What are you currently getting for mileage

Registered
On my 01 crew cab i can easily get 20 mpg unloaded on the highway doing 80. The only mods i have are in my sig.

Registered
It's my work truck so its loaded every day and I get 16-17 mixed town/highway.
All highway, hand calculated 22 carrying 1.5-2k. Love this truck

Registered
My old 2001 dmax would get 18-24 on the highway. Only mods were cai, exhaust and edge EZ programmer. It was a 3 position setup I don't know if they carry it any more. I think it was like 30/60/90hp

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Registered
mpg

I just bought a 2001 crew long bed 4x4 to replace my old 2001 that was totalled in a head on..other guys fault.
I had to drive the "new" one 280 miles to get home. set cruise at 65 but you know with a new truck I had to try it out when passing so i wasn't easy on the pedal and at a couple of stops we let it idle a while; and even with all that I got 17.5 mpg completely stock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts