Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone getting good mileage out of their LBZ stock? mines straight piped and getting about 13.9 average.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Got a customer getting about 16 out of his new dually. Just spoke with him today. Might have something to do with using a 35K lb backhoe to beak it in, though . . . . :rof

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine only has 300 miles on it and getting 16 hwy and 14 city. 100% stock....For now :eek:

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
I dont have one but my buddy dose and he's getting about 16 avg @ 7000miles with a finger stick and blocker plate, afe stage I intake, and afe 4" exhaust!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just filled up after my first tank. Calculated 15.5mpg mostly city.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Seems I need more mods for better mpg :rof

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was getting 11MPG, took the lid off my factory air box and now get 13MPG!!

I have 20" wheels and 33" mud tires though...I hear they KILL fuel milage! Also have a straight pipe in place of the muffler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was getting 11MPG, took the lid off my factory air box and now get 13MPG!!

I have 20" wheels and 33" mud tires though...I hear they KILL fuel milage! Also have a straight pipe in place of the muffler.
I assume you've adjusted the mileage for the larger tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
my 06 lbz gets 16-17 city highway driving. from my house to work is 22 miles one way. the best tank was 21 mpg road trip to vegas. :drink
this is my first diesel. but coming from a 03 chevy ext cab 4wd 4.8 motor with a 6 in fabtech susp lift. this is way better mpg for me.. and a hell of lot more power to play with :rof

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use to get 13-14 around town now I get about 11? :confused:

Getting 18 on highway :rockin Going to Florida next week so hopefully it opens up a bit.
Yeah I use to get 16-17 mpg and now I getting 14:mad: . I'm not running ULSD and am useing the same fuel that I used in my 02 that never changed in winter time. Seems strange to me.:confused:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have an '06 LBZ, and I'm getting about 16 mpg, mostly city driving. Only have 600 miles on it. Can't believe it has to go into the shop already! :mad:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 07' Classic and I got 15.4 out of the first tank I ran through it. I thought that was pretty good considering the amount of pedal to the floor driving that was done :thumbsup

·
Registered
58 Posts
Had a bunch of little stuff wrong with it, the biggest of which was an awfully loud belt chirp that happens until warm up. The others were little things in the dash board making noises. It seems like the dealership here near san clemente is pretty good, they already found one thing wrong with one of the A/C dampners that was making a loud thud. Anyway, we will see if they find and fix everything tomorrow. They have only had it one afternoon.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts