Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 171 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
11.9 on avg. went to gun show this weekend to indy about 120 miles. 18.8 on I65. Not bad I guess.

· Registered
20 Posts
I've been keeping track (calculated - the info center MPG is always wrong) since I got the truck, and I am averaging 16.4 mpg with a high of over 19 on the highway.

· Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
im close to 11000 miles now and still get about 13.5 around town. when i tow @ 75mph it gets about 9.3. i didnt really buy it for mileage though. gotta love the power. no chip on it just staight pipe, no cat or muffler!

· Registered
3 Posts
I've been averageing over 16 mpg ever since i bought it. worst about 14.5 best over 17. bone stock

· Registered
17 Posts
LBZscorpio

Just traded our '05 LLY crew for the '07 classic LBZ crew, the best tank on our '05 on the 320+ mile round trip to reno was 14.6, so far with only 1600 miles on the LBZ same trip, same speed (82 on the cruise) our best has been 17.7, bought a snug top shell for safer storage and it has'nt helped at all!?!
The mileage pooter in the dash is always at least 1.5 mpg low, on the '05 it was within .5 mpg always, go figure!

· Registered
21 Posts
Just traded our '05 LLY crew for the '07 classic LBZ crew, the best tank on our '05 on the 320+ mile round trip to reno was 14.6, so far with only 1600 miles on the LBZ same trip, same speed (82 on the cruise) our best has been 17.7, bought a snug top shell for safer storage and it has'nt helped at all!?!
The mileage pooter in the dash is always at least 1.5 mpg low, on the '05 it was within .5 mpg always, go figure!
Did using the snug top hurt your milage any do you think?
I've been thinking about getting one for my truck,I pull travel trailers all the time,I'd like the enclosed space,when not pulling a fiver

· Registered
17 Posts
Did using the snug top hurt your milage any do you think?
I've been thinking about getting one for my truck,I pull travel trailers all the time,I'd like the enclosed space,when not pulling a fiver
NO the snugtop didn't hurt the mileage, when we take it off the mileage doesn't change but it sure makes it nice when you go to the store or the mall and you can put everything inside where it's safer and dry! BTW we tried some redline diesel additive on the last trip to reno and the mileage went up to 19 mpg! not sure if the price of the additive on top of the fuel price made the extra mileage pay off or not, but it's good to find something that helps if you need it!

· Registered
10 Posts
So, please specify exactly which Redline additive you used. I'd like to give it a try to see if I can get the same results.

I recently hand calculated my mileage at 16.0 mpg after about 420 miles of mixed driving with my 2006 LBZ D/A CC DRW 4x2 LB with only 17000 miles on the clock. That was alot of stop and go traffic (30 min. commute in the morning to cover 24 miles at a steady 65 mph and 45 mins. to cover the same return trip) with a little towing to test my trailer break unit.

Should I expect the mpg's to increase as the miles build-up on the truck?

The older RAMs seem to be the MPG Champs of the Diesel World.

· Registered
74 Posts
For what its worth...
My 07 Classic has an extang tonneau cover CC LB SRW. I am averaging 18.17 hand calculated. I drive 66 miles a day, my commute to work and back. The trip computer always says 17.3-17.4 go figure.

Matty

· Registered
158 Posts
2006 3500 Ext LB completely stock. Using Stanadyne since ULSD hit the local pumps. 17-17.5mpg with winter mix and 18.5-19mpg this last summer. This is a mix of stop and go/ hiway miles and hand calculated. I'm loving it so far.. :rockin

Grizz

· Registered
10 Posts
Those are some great MPG stats... how many total miles are clocked on your trucks? I'm trying to determine if my low mpg's (16 mixed driving) are related to my truck only having 17000 total mlies so far.

Oh yea, What is Stanadyne?

· Registered
10 Posts
Topped-off last Friday after a full week of sitting in traffic during my commute, hand calculated 16.6 mpg. Filled up yesterday after our 280 mile round trip to a motocross track, hand calculated 11.0 mpg. That's not too bad considering we were towing a 22 foot enclosed MX trailer weighing 5700 lb. and never slowed below 75 mph while running on the interstate.

One other thing that impressed me about the truck is its ability to easily tow in 6th gear. I wanted to see how well the truck handled an incline at 75 mph in high-gear so I set the Allison to manual mode and selected 6th. gear when approaching what is referred to has the I-10 New Orleans East High Rise Bridge. Amazingly, she held the speed but did require a bit more go-pedal as we approached the peak.

Not bad at all considering we were hauling our MX trailer loading with 4 bikes and gear, with 2 bikes in the bed and 5 peeps in the truck.

· Registered
74 Posts
That's awesome mileage. Is that by the computer or hand calculated? 2wd or 4wd? Going down hill? Just kidding.

21 - 40 of 171 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.