Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just switched to efi live from ppe. Just curious to what everybody is seeing for fuel mileage? my tuning is from nick at duramaxtuner with dsp5. the race tune on mine is 440hp and the street tune is 410hp. which tunes work better for mileage?

·
Registered
13,557 Posts
just switched to efi live from ppe. Just curious to what everybody is seeing for fuel mileage? my tuning is from nick at duramaxtuner with dsp5. the race tune on mine is 440hp and the street tune is 410hp. which tunes work better for mileage?
well normally the higher tune actually gets better mileage. but did nick not make u a mileage tune?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I just ran 200mi in Nick's light tow, 75mph the whole way got an average of 10.6mpg. But I really should mention the 25mph head wind and the 7000lb sail I was pulling...

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he did not build me a mileage tune but i'm gonna try the 410 tune and see what happens.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
So far, I've had real good luck on the(Approx) 110Hp tune I made, it gets about the same MPG as my old PPE 90 tune or up to 1Mpg better so far depending on driving...I really love this EFILive so far !!:rockin

....not to mention all the benefits PPE NEVER had, Like trans tuning and the AWESOME Turbo brake feature!!:D:D

:cool:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I get 15-16 no matter if i'm running my 80 economy or a 400rwhp. Thats 15-16 in the city and on highway going 75.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just did a trip to/from Jax and ran the mileage tune on the hwy. I averaged 18.5 both directions.

On edit, this is calculator figuring, not the dashboard comp guessing.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just thought I would post this up. Filled up in Wichita, KS and headed north. Topped the tank off in Norfolk, NE. just now and recorded a best ever for my truck. Yes, it is relative because of the strong south wind pushing me. I hand calculated: 337.0 miles and topped it off with 12.857 gallons. You do the math. Averaged 71 mph.

Mpg is mpg and that is with a hot tune!!

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
How many miles did you push it? I've never seen over 21 with my LBZ. I seen 24 with my LB7.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just an update for my mpg using duramaxtuner tuning. ive been averaging 18.0-19.5 driving mixed highway/city. usually i try to keep it below 65 on the highway.

·
Registered
717 Posts
337 is what I drove so far but have total of 550 or so to go ... Like I said though, I have a tail wind. But I will take it with these fuel prices. I could have made the trip on a tank but fuel is cheaper in Nebraska than Minnesota.

·
Registered
62 Posts
in mine im getting about 21 city and idk what my city is yet havent been on the highway since i tuned it

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
im getting about16.5 to 17mpg by hand, this is mostly around town going to and from work, not going over 45 mph. next week im driving from florida to california pulling my wifes car and im excitted to see what i average

·
Registered
127 Posts
just an update for my mpg using duramaxtuner tuning. ive been averaging 18.0-19.5 driving mixed highway/city. usually i try to keep it below 65 on the highway.
That's what I'm averaging. I used to only get about 330 miles out of a tank and now I've hit the 400 mile range a couple of times. That's with my 90hp economy tune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't feel so bad now. I have a $300 Hypertech and get 17 city and 18.5 highway.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I don't feel so bad now. I have a $300 Hypertech and get 17 city and 18.5 highway.
X2, Filled up the other day before interstate, topped off after got 21, next day 20 and I am running 35's w/6'' lift mostly going 60-65MPH ,1500 RPM..... On Stage 3 best for mileage so far if you baby it. In town it will drop down 3-4 MPG .

·
Its just a worktruck
13,908 Posts
21 highway @ 75 mph with a 550 rwhp daily driver tune
12-13 in the city

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have EFI Dsp 5 get the best fuel economy with my 110hp tune getting 26 hwy running 65mph and getting 20 in town all hand calculated

·
Registered
103 Posts
I average about 20-21, mostly country and small town driving. I have seen as high as 24 on the highway making good time, I would maybe do better taking it easier on the highway.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i run 110 hp tune all the time and i get 600 kms on 80 liters(not so good with miles per gallons lol)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.