Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find factual data on PA mud flap laws???? I HATE my mudflaps and after I rhinoline my rockers/etc... I want them gone.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,484 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't know about PA i lived there for like a year but my truck was registered in Arizona. The cops gave me a lot of trouble in PA. But in Arizona mud flaps are a must if your truck is lifted. If you have a lifted truck in AZ with no flaps be prepared to get pulled over

·
Received a Hummer
9,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess that's a good point....my truck didn't come with them from the factory....but then again I think that 265/75-16's are the biggest size that GM considers acceptable. My thing is....I have the biggest/longest mudflaps that I could find from an aftermarket offroad shop, and I still have like a 6-8 inch gap from the ground that sprays vehicles behind me...oh well. I guess we'll see how daring I want to be.

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mudflaps are FUGLY!! Move to TX. Only need them on duallies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I guess that's a good point....my truck didn't come with them from the factory....but then again I think that 265/75-16's are the biggest size that GM considers acceptable. My thing is....I have the biggest/longest mudflaps that I could find from an aftermarket offroad shop, and I still have like a 6-8 inch gap from the ground that sprays vehicles behind me...oh well. I guess we'll see how daring I want to be.
You realy don't want to be any closer than 6" to the ground. That's when you start backing into curbs and parking lot bump guards with them. 7" off the ground should be plenty to stop it all. Make sure they are wide all the way down. It doesn't do any good if they get narrow down below.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts