Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

Muffler delete, where?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Apollyon67 
#1 ·
I want to delete the muffler on my stock exhaust. The problem is, all the local shops I've talked to can't deal with 3.5" pipe and all of the aftermarket stuff is for their own systems. Any ideas?

#4 ·
the i had it done is a little west from ST clairsville OH,we have a tire shop in Barnesville OH..

#6 ·
When I had my muffler deleted, the place just used a piece of 3" pipe and flared the ends. It is a heck of a lot less restrictive than the stock muffler. BTW, I just went to a muffler shop.

#7 · (Edited)
If you want to save a little money just buy the section you need and cut out the muffler with something like a sawzall. Thats what i Did and then just spliced the new section of exhaust in with a set of exhaust clamps... Somewhat ******* but bout 4 bills cheaper!!! Flex tube works also if you wanna go even cheaper!!!

#8 ·
Check for pipe at the local Big Rig shop. They have all kinds of goodies for sale there. Might get a bit pricy if you are gonna do a whole system from scratch, but an elbow or adapter are reasonable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.