Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I decided to delete the muffler on my MBRP system, and Im a huge fan. The truck is SO loud now is unreal, just crusing its fine but when I stomp on it on the highway it sounds like its going to tear the road up from behind me.

Heres a video with some audio, hopefully get some WOT runs and record them.

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
sounds awesome!! :D im gunna do a 5" TB this winter coming up, after my emissions test, what is the price difference between the black vs. 409 stainless finish? sorry to hijack

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
well so loud i dont think so but it depends on what you think is loud not trying to be a dick but the lb7 were loud not the lmms

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
okay it looks like $80-$100 difference between the 409 and BLK 5"TB...... does anyone know how that black finish holds up to stone chips, etc. because i know it would get a beating from stones getting kicked up..

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
how much are you on rocky roads
i live in a new construction survey so you can imagine what thats like.. theres always gravel/dirt/rocks on the road but other than driving through my neighborhood i stay away from gravel roads as much as i can

.........its a pavement queen :nemo:D

·
Dead beat seller!
1,060 Posts
I would go with the 409 for now till the construction is done than if you want to change than go ahead I dont think the black would chip but I have never seen one on a truck so I dont know

·
Sweet Revelation
2,919 Posts
thanks for your insight and i'll say it again, sorry to hijack, here's another bump though so its all good

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont go with black. biggest waste of money I ever did. if i had my time back it would have been a 5 inch stainless..

·
HD TECHNICIAN
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well so loud i dont think so but it depends on what you think is loud not trying to be a dick but the lb7 were loud not the lmms
I dunno i've never heard an LB7, but that video does not do it justice. Im sure your truck is straight piped but I know when Im runnin through a tunnel and I step on it people step on their brakes and move out of the way..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds good man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts