Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Diesel Addict
8,026 Posts
welcome to the site..i love a good old straight..

· Premium Member
9,509 Posts
I liked mine straight piped better than the 4" because there was less drone, but I still like the 4" system. Straight piping was just a cheap means until I found a good deal on a 4" system.

· Registered
18 Posts
Just had my stock muffler replaced with some pipe. I was amazed at how quiet it still is!! I have to turn off the radio on the highway to even tell there was a change. Just a slight difference at idle, and a little more turbo whistle when I let off the pedal. I would assume its pretty close to a 4in cat back exhaust performancewise, just a lot cheaper. All in all I'm pretty happy with the price/performance value of ditching the muffler.

· Banned
24,781 Posts
Id get ride off all the junk in the exhaust! :rockin

Both the cat and the muffler loose sound and some power. Even more power if you loose the cat. Id definetly say loosing the muffler would help.

Welcome to the site as well! You live in Jefferson Hills? If you need any help with your dmax just yell :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.