Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey What Kind Of Aftermarket Muffler Can I Run Without Changing My Stock Pipes? Any Suggestions And Websites Would Be Helpful

Thanks.....

·
Administrator
8,815 Posts
I think flowmaster makes a muffler for diesels. Check out summitracing.com. Almost any offset muffler with 3 1/2" in and out will work. You could also just straight pipe it too.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i looked for mufflers that were 3.5 and the 2 muffler shops i went to just had the 4 inch, they didnt have 3.5, might have to special order it online.. i had to end up putting 4 inch piping from the cat back...good luck:drink

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
If you lose the Cat and put a 4" system on it will help lower your egt's and the turbo spools a little quicker in my opinon. Or you could even go with a 5" system. Goodluck.

Ryan

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
i put a straight pipe on using the stock pipe and it did a great job,but that didn't last very long untill i had to have a 5" turbo back exhaust...good luck there

·
Hi, I'm Earth. Have we met?
3,162 Posts
MBRP Makes a muffler delete pipe for the stock exhaust, usually can find them for less than 100 bucks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought a 5" straight pipe with a 4" down pipe on ebay new for $255+ shipping. It came with adapters to keep your cat if you want. Sounds Great! And yes, I left out the cat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do You Remember How You Got To That Ebay Site, Maybe The Same Dealer Has Another Set..
Thanks

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do You Remember How You Got To That Ebay Site, Maybe The Same Dealer Has Another Set..
Thanks
It is fullspectrumperformance. I just looked up diesel exhausts, and scrolled through them. I know they have alot of each item, so it would probably be quickest to look in their ebay store.

·
Smoke. It's what's cookin
2,934 Posts
I put on the silverline 4" system and love it. I didn't want it too loud. I've got the muffler in but i put it on backwards and it gave it a little more tone then the restrictive correct way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts