Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is the 400 hp limit on a stock 5 speed allison a flywheel or rear wheel number? on my truck (01) i have an intake and 5 inch exhaust, so im thinking im pushing 270 at the wheels ish. now i have a ppe on it, can i run it on level on level 3 which is 120 at the flywheel which is like 105 at the rear wheels? so id be at 370 ish at the rear wheels. can the allison handle that much. and does a ppe adjust the speedometer at all? i adjusted my tires for 33", but im still 10 mph off at 60 mph. but it also reads that i have 5:13 gears, so maybe thats the issue, because im sure i only have 3:73? any help appreciated.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
if u have stock gearing then u have 3.73
and anyhorsepower ovwer stock ur trans is not going to like it also there weaker than the 6 speed so save for a trans and run it

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
the 400hp is at the rear wheels, i think level three would be fine with ur intake and exhaust just watch ur 3-4 and 4-5 shifts and u should be good

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
the 400hp is at the rear wheels, i think level three would be fine with ur intake and exhaust just watch ur 3-4 and 4-5 shifts and u should be good
X2!!!!

Sent from my Droid using the AutoGuide app while not driving...

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i will probably adjust that today, so does the ppe adjust the speedo? if i change the settings to 3:73 gearing, will it adjust correctly on the speedo? also, the ppe hasnt been updated since late 09 according to the opening screen, is it really important that i update it online?

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Yes, the ppe will be able to handle the speedo calibration. And I would personally update the software. I mean, why run with outdated software if you don't have to?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts