Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I read some older posts that there were no shells that fit the CCSB Sierra 3500 with the multipro tailgate? Briefly looking today at a few manufacturers, I could not find one. Anyone know if this still true or are any available now? I actually don't care much about the tailgate but can not have a truck without a shell on it. It seems the tailgate is standard and you can not get a 2021 without it, so if there are no canopies available then that is a problem for us. Hopefully someone knows for sure. Thanks!

edit: It does seem that some lower trims and low optioned HD trucks can be had without the multipro. But as soon as you add much at all it seems to include a package that has the multipro. Would be nice if the tailgate was its own option that you could use or not on any trim or option level. I don't dislike the multipro, but with much less choice on canopies with it and with not being able to use it with a hitch in the receiver, it seems like many people would just option out of it if they could.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I did more research this morning. Yes the 3500 has the multipro. I see that ARE does have a couple that they say fit and I did manage to locate a dealer that carries them. They said that ARE is the only manufacturer that makes any that fit the 2020-21 HD GMC, with the Multipro tailgate, no other company does. Wait right now on an order for one is about 4 months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks, I did more research this morning. Yes the 3500 has the multipro. I see that ARE does have a couple that they say fit and I did manage to locate a dealer that carries them. They said that ARE is the only manufacturer that makes any that fit the 2020-21 HD GMC, with the Multipro tailgate, no other company does. Wait right now on an order for one is about 4 months.
I have the 1500 with multipro w/cap and wait was 6 weeks... holy poop 4 months!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not sure why caps for the 1500 with MultiPro are more available but very few for the 2500 or 3500. Must be a bed difference.

And yes I did not mean to say that no 2500 or 3500 come without the multipro. I just could not build one without it because it seems that as soon as you add any towing options, etc. it makes you choose a package that includes the multipro. So it does not seem you can order one well optioned and then get the basic tailgate. But I am not 100% sure as I have not been in to a dealer yet. I just wanted to make sure there were at least a couple of options for caps as that is a must have for us.

·
Registered
6,244 Posts
Formatting didn't work out too well.
Right hand columns are the 5 HD trim levels

................................................................................................................................................Sierra...SLE..SLT..AT4.Denali
QK1Tailgate, standard
1 - Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
S1A1------
QK2Tailgate, GMC MultiPro Tailgate, with six functional load/access features
1 - Requires (PCI) Convenience Package. Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
2 - Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
A1S2S2SS
QT2Tailgate, gate function manual, no lift assist
1 - Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
S1--------
QT5Tailgate, gate function manual with EZ Lift, includes power lock and release, includes hitch area light
1 - Included and only available with (PCI) Convenience Package. Not available with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
2 - Deleted with (ZW9) pickup bed delete.
A1S2S2SS
S -- standard
A -- available

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
That confuses me also but it does not matter now that I know at least a couple of shells are available. When building a truck on the GMC site when I selected the options I wanted, eventually I got to a point where the multipro was required unless I deleted certain options or packages. Anyway, thanks, all is good now. I just did not want to buy a specific truck configuration if there were no shells available for it. As long as I go with ARE and am willing to wait, it will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts