Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so when looking to do some upgrades to the performance to my truck, what are the "must do's" and what are the recommended companies to go with for those parts. also what little extra upgrades will help. thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when purchasing EFI live what do you actually buy? and where should i go to get it?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend. I would go with a V2 from IdahoRob @ atptrucks.com

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what are lift pumps used for? and who makes a good one?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Lift pumps keep more fuel flowing to the rails so when you get a big tune with EFI Live, for example, you don't drain the rails of fuel. Just "sucking" it from the tank doesn't cut it when you have a high demand for fuel.

Just research the diff brands and whats right for you.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Lift pumps keep more fuel flowing to the rails so when you get a big tune with EFI Live, for example, you don't drain the rails of fuel. Just "sucking" it from the tank doesn't cut it when you have a high demand for fuel.

Just research the diff brands and whats right for you.
What he said. I did a ton of research before I bought mine and ended up getting the AirDog II DF-165. It came highly recommended by many people. It not only makes life easier on your injection pump (CP3), it also takes the air out of the fuel, allowing for a more complete fuel burn. It made a big difference on my truck. It is very easy to install, and it has a 2 Micron filter that will help keep your injectors happy.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Also to mention, I did a few upgrades before I did the Air Dog, and I wish I would have done the AirDog first.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh ok cool. does anybody upgrade their intercooler and plumbing? does it help anything? and what is better, an egr plate or delete kit? or do they do the same purpose

·
Registered
897 Posts
Depends on what your ultimate goal is. Most people do the EGR Blocker Plate. If you want twins then I would recommend the EGR Delete. They both accomplish the same goal, one just clears up your engine bay, the other doesn't, but only cost $10-12!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also to mention, I did a few upgrades before I did the Air Dog, and I wish I would have done the AirDog first.
I am looking into a lift pump and have researched FASS and Airdog. Is there a bias out there that prefers one over the other? Also, I am running EFI Live tunes by Rob as well. I do notice the throttle getting sluggish after being into it for very long. Is the lift pump going to remedy that or will I have to change the tuning.

My tunes are:
1. Cleaned up stock/economy
2. Low HP tow w/brake
3. 50Hp tow w/brake
4. 110HP performance street
5. Hot race tune (use sparingly)

·
Registered
533 Posts
maxwell-

it really depends on what you want from the truck and how much money you want to put into it. for me my goal was 12 sec quarter mile. i have a trans 3-4k$ efi $1000 exhaust 3-400$ i think and thats it for me i dont know what my quarter mile is dyno next week and maybe run it but we'll see.

for starting i would look at exhaust 4" MBRP. maybe in intake but the stock one is honestly a pretty good system just get a better drop in filter.

EFI Live is awesome in the fact that you can get "tranny safe" tunes and upgrade later if you ever decide to do a trans, lift pump, twins, etc. lift pump i have ordered and shouldve gotten it a long time ago.

look around on here and just read. youll learn faster then asking =D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts