Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently having some Trail Hog's put on my wheels they're new but look to be Duratrac knock offs that come in stock 20 sizing. Which I really like because I don't want to lift or level to fit Duratracs.

From what I've read traction seems to be about the same as Duratracs, so I'll be posting here on wear, ice / snow traction, noise level and overall thoughts on the tire.

·
Registered
229 Posts
How do you like them? I have had mine since June and hate the insanely loud noise they make. They will be coming off this summer before I take any long trips.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Curious as to how you like em as well.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far I like them. I have Duratracs on my work truck and they're damn near the same thing. I'd have got duratracs if they were in stock. plus side was I saved like 100$ per tire.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
How many miles have you put on them?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I took mine off at 15,000 miles and they were about 1/2 worn out. I towed maybe 600 miles total during that time, and no burnouts or other schenannigans. I was never so glad to get a smooth quiet tire back on the truck.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since I been away from home (probably 90% of the time) I've only been able to put maybe 5000 miles on them. They are a bit more noisy than duratracs but I think thats part of the price you pay for a more agressive tread.

I won't even be able to comment on wear until next summer, putting 420's on for the summer, then the trail hogs will go back on in october.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Definitely interested in how these tires perform for you, I believe I'll be in need for tires here come this winter and I'm between the Duratrac and Trail Hog although in my size price seems to be about the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts