Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got truck out of the shop Saturday, exergy sportsman’s cp3 pump, ezlynk tuning, EGR delete kit, 4” straight pipe, s&b cold air intake, air dog 165 lift pump. Truck will move pretty dang good. Wondering what my next mods should be as far as hp gains, anyone have any idea as to what hp and torque im pushing to the rear wheel?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I'd say you're probably around 550 with that set up. Next mod for horsepower would be turbo, but don't forget the trans will need some attention at some point. Drop in 66mm or s475 over stock would compliment it nicely.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@denarli6.6, that’s what I was thinking, it definitely opened her up, kinda gun shy of that 200hp max effort tune though, don’t want to break stuff. I haul a camper on the weekends so i wasn’t sure on what setup to go with on the turbo

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If you tow heavy/ often compounds would be the way to go. If all you're really hauling is a camper a 66mm will do ya just fine and easily support your CP3 pump and keep the injectors happy.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Stop where you're at and build the transmission first. Then get a bigger turbo if thats the way you want to go. Imo for what you do with the truck and not wanting to break stuff stay where you are. I've had 500 to 1000hp trucks/cars and the lower hp ones are the ones I've had the most fun in. Although busting the tires loose at 80mph is pretty fun. But Once you start making big hp your constantly finding the next weak link and even the best of the best parts break.
On the other hand throw a vvt on it from danvile with some 60% overs and let it rip tater chip

Reactions: CDmax16

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I will say i got the stroker pump and a S366 on my truck now and it's fun to drive, but the trans pisses me off since i can drink a cup of coffee between shifts. I wish i woulda done the trans first like nic mentioned above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just raced my brother in his extended cab lbz and he got me. All he has is efi live with 150 big tune and s&b cold air intake, does weight make that much difference because I have a lot more power, we stayed neck and neck but he ended up getting me by a tad

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
What tune were you on? Weight definately makes a difference but you should pull on him with your mods on a big tune. Especially since hes on stock transmission

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We were both on big tune, he got me off the line because I spun big time but his truck fell on its face at about 60mph and he still got me.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
My lml when it was stock air, fuel, and transmission would pull on lmm and down trucks on my 230 tune. Even beat a few built transmission trucks by a little

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
2500us, most lml max effort tunes are 1950 or 2100 haha

Definitely not from kory now :stir

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
:rofl your video was 30 seconds longer for those 2 shifts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.