Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

Registered
happyjumphappyjump
That's what I wanted to hear Scott!

Registered
Oops. . .

Registered
Hmm maybe this is what I need to buy and drive while I rebuild my truck (since a moose committed suicide in front of me!)

Registered
I'd love to have one, but in typical GM fashion it seems they only come diesel in fully loaded upper trim models. Meanwhile the Dodge EcoDiesel can be had in a stripper regular cab work truck if you want.

Registered
I'd love to have one, but in typical GM fashion it seems they only come diesel in fully loaded upper trim models. Meanwhile the Dodge EcoDiesel can be had in a stripper regular cab work truck if you want.
Not really. I was curious about how cheap I could get one and I built a 2wd ECLB WT with the baby diesel and it was right around 30K.

Registered
Not really. I was curious about how cheap I could get one and I built a 2wd ECLB WT with the baby diesel and it was right around 30K.
That's the problem in my opinion.... I can make a call Monday and get a 16 ram lariat loaded out the ass , every option for $52k done and gone. $30grand for a full size wanna be work truck, no thanks

Registered
That's the problem in my opinion.... I can make a call Monday and get a 16 ram lariat loaded out the ass , every option for $52k done and gone. $30grand for a full size wanna be work truck, no thanks
Very true. But, if someone didn't need a 3/4 ton truck the smaller truck might be a better option. And they could almost get 2 for the same price as yours. Another thing to remember is this truck isn't in the same class and a 1/2 ton Ram diesel. It's with Tacomas and Frontiers. And those trucks aren't cheap either. Plus it can haul/tow more and gets way better mileage. If I owned a business that I needed a truck, but not a big one, I think this would be a great option.

Registered
How'd you get one? I was told by 5 dealerships that GM pulled these back because of VW. Was all set to get the gf a trail boss edition

Registered
CO or TACO?

What state/dealership did you purchase yours?

I've been following the Co Duramax info & wanted to buy one in fall 2015 when they were originally supposed to be available. I have followed up each month and even today (Jan 24, 2016) neither my bank nor I can get ANY information from Chevrolet dealerships in the Atlanta area. I've even gone into dealerships in a few other states while traveling and the Chevy sales staff don't have ANY information regarding if or when they will start arriving on their lots. ALL of the dealerships give the same line "they are in transit from the factory now and expected to arrive on our lot any day now"... I have been told the same line from countless dealerships since October and they STILL say that now. I have not talked to a single dealership that has even seen one hit their lot and (sadly) when I ask them questions about the vehicle most seem to know FAR less about the truck than I have learned from reading about it online. It is certainly inspiring to know someone out there (you) actually has one... finally. I've gotten to the point of saying "the hell with" it & just buying a nice 2016 Tacoma...I know their interiors are always 20 times better than chevy's (I have a 2011 3500 duramax dually crew cab 4x4 with allison trans... my first impression was that the interior was as bad as the rest of the truck's good achievements). Based upon your first drives, do you feel it is worth holding out for the new Co Duramax? or just getting it over with by buying a nice Toyo Taco?

Registered
Funny you mention the Ram 1/2 ton diesel, this Canyon/Colorado mid size has more payload than Ram's car like 1/2 ton. Besides i would much rather have the 2.8 inline Dmax , much easier to work with, wrapped in a Gmc truck rather than a Ram/Fiat POS.

Registered
Both options are crazy in my opinion. 30k stripped 2 wheel mid size and 52k for 3/4 ton.

Registered
Have you looked at the prices of new trucks recently?
Yes. Looked about six weeks ago for a crew cab, however; I have no desire to spend 50k. So I end up looking at a gas crew cab for at 40-42k, which not any better of a deal. I concluded to keep with my current truck until the next recession to two.

Attachments

Registered
Hmm maybe this is what I need to buy and drive while I rebuild my truck (since a moose committed suicide in front of me!)
Don't you hate that when it happens. Deer seem to have a high suicide rate too.

I've never seen the statistics on the number that commit suicide with contact with a train. Honestly I've never heard if that has occurred. Sure seem plausible.

Registered
so it is safe to assume there is a twin kit in the works!!

Registered
Congrats on the new truck! How does it feel as far as merging/getting up to speed with 180HP? I'd really like to buy one of those when they start hitting the used car lots. I was always a fan of the S10, Dakota, and Ranger sized trucks - with a diesel motor, that would be perfect I think.

Any pics of the interior size and look?
Actually GM did make a diesel S10 but it was never sold in the U.S. and only Brazil from what I remember reading. Even if you tried to ship one in you would have been stopped at the border. Go figure!

I was never really a big fan of the Colorado or Canyon. They have changed the styling some from the very first ones but I just can't bring myself to liking them, even with a diesel option. I would have liked to seen a diesel S10.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts