Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
... I was told by 5 dealerships that GM pulled these back because of VW. Was all set to get the gf a trail boss edition
Typical salesman BS - they know very little, except how to screw customers on a trade-in.

Go to Chevy's website, build one, then do the inventory search - it will tell you which dealers have inventory, or inbound (in-transit) inventory.

I found about 5 in the Pacific NW region over the weekend, one is about an hour from me, which I saw online about 2 weeks ago.

Here it is: (surprised it's still there, they've had it about 2 weeks now)

Taylor & Sons Chevrolet Sandpoint Idaho Vehicle Details

·
Registered
742 Posts
Typical salesman BS - they know very little, except how to screw customers on a trade-in.

Go to Chevy's website, build one, then do the inventory search - it will tell you which dealers have inventory, or inbound (in-transit) inventory.

I found about 5 in the Pacific NW region over the weekend, one is about an hour from me, which I saw online about 2 weeks ago.

Here it is: (surprised it's still there, they've had it about 2 weeks now)

Taylor & Sons Chevrolet Sandpoint Idaho Vehicle Details
It sucks cause we were paying cash. Ended up just getting her a 2500hd Dmax. Optioned out was only like 10g more for a fullsize

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

·
Vendor
3,528 Posts
I think we all need to see a video of the one in your sig:grin2:
We will have one in a couple weeks here. Just about to fire it up after re-configuring the passenger side engine bay!

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
When you say reconfigure, my mind goes to spinning shiny things:D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
They are the stock wheels for a Z71. I like them as well. I am more a factory wheel guy than aftermarket, so I was glad to retain them with the help of some beefier rubber.

With regard to pricing, this one's MSRP was just under $41k. I saw a lot of guys on the forum saying that was a lot of money for a small truck. Size wise, they aren't much smaller than the full size trucks. I think $41k is a deal compared to the $67k MSRP on the Denali I traded in on it.

This is a great truck. I highly recommend it.
While I don't have a colorado/canyon, their size is significantly smaller, in every measurement. Great looking truck and that's supposedly a great engine. I'm a small displacement diesel fan, have had 3 VW TDI's. Keep in mind you can delete that bad boy too! :)

·
Registered
10,692 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Ktaylor, any updates on how the truck is working out for ya? MPG and etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey guys, sorry that its been a while since I posted this, but I have been VERY happy with the truck. I certainly miss a few of the bells and whistles that the '15 Denali 2500 had, but it is so nice being able to park this thing anywhere I want and my fuel economy is nearly double what it was in my 2500.

I have about 6,900 miles on it, about due for my first oil change. getting between 24 and 25 mpg on average. Its so "easy" to drive. I loved my 3/4 and 1 ton trucks, but getting to retain a diesel but also have the flexibility that I have with a slightly smaller vehicle is very nice.

Let me know if you guys have any specific questions.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
have you added any guages in it, towed any yet? I drove a canyon last Friday, and liked it alot

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Havent towed with it or added any gauges. I had a 35' gooseneck that I pulled like 5 times in a year with my 2500. I have a trucking business, so its easiest for me to put anything sizeable on a flatbed semi. ha

The guys I know that have towed with theirs are very happy.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
any plans to delete and tune? SDP has already done compounds and all the goodies to one...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
My local shop has tuned their Colorado with the DPF and DEF in place. They said the gains are nice. I need to get over and get tuned, then I will see how much more I desire.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Im pretty sure if I got one, it wouldnt stay stock for long.....And alot of parts would fall off

·
Registered
644 Posts
My girl picked up the same truck yesterday, z71 4x4 Dmax. Brand new with 2 miles on it for 38k + fees and there going to spray in bed liner. We really are liking it, very smooth and comfortable and theres good amount of room in the cab. Tried to talk her into the long bed, but she didnt want it.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
That's the problem in my opinion.... I can make a call Monday and get a 16 ram lariat loaded out the ass , every option for $52k done and gone. $30grand for a full size wanna be work truck, no thanks

What the hell is "ram lariat", lol.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
What the hell is "ram lariat", lol.
Well, this company dodge makes a truck called a ram, which is now there own brand in some stupid way. So a Ram would be a truck, lariat would be a trim package, obviously by the way I mentioned it being loaded.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Well, this company dodge makes a truck called a ram, which is now there own brand in some stupid way. So a Ram would be a truck, lariat would be a trim package, obviously by the way I mentioned it being loaded.

Isn't lariat one of Ford's trims?

Reactions: Breagin8
41 - 60 of 75 Posts