Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Sweet truck! Id love to get one soon to use as a daily driver. It would be so much easier to drive around and park than my big dually

·
Registered
1 Posts
Love my new Canyon SLT Dmax. Have been towing 6k travel trailer all over, tows very well, exhaust brake works much like my LML. Very comfortable interior, plenty of room in the rear (crew Cab ong box). So far zero issues in 8k miles. 20 mpg towing and 35 mpg empty. My lifetime average is 30 mpg, love the truck.

·
Registered
16,263 Posts
I saw 1 of these the other day & talked to the owner. The owner was pleased with the truck. He said it gets up & goes. Loves the high MPG that it gets. Id like to take 1 out for a test drive someday.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I test drove one of the 2.8's when they first came out. Nice little truck, more maneuverable and nimble than a FS - but personally I'd have to tune it. They have a very dead pedal and to be honest did feel like only 180 HP. This of course is my opinion only.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was going to order a blue Colorado Dmax but decided to look at HD's and found my low mileage LBZ. I think it was the right decision for me, I have more truck and spent less money even with the mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just got the Canyon. Traded in my 2015 Denali. It has been a long road. I bought a 2007 2500HD. I have had the Denali for just over 3 years and only have 17,000 miles. It was fantastic on the highway but not so much in parking lots and traffic. So I thought I would sell the Denali and just use the 2007 for all my towing. My wife said she didn't like the seats in it. Still kind of a big truck around town. Saw a Canyon Duramax on the highway and liked what I saw. Found this Canyon SLT long box with Coca Dune interior, Canyon Denali is only available with black interior. Picked it up on Friday. Power is good and it is really good around town. Now I can update the 07.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Interesting that the magazines say only 9 second 0-60 but nobody who drives them complains about the power. Betting its a torque thing, i.e. it feels strong 99% of the time but runs out of steam when really cranked up on the highway during passing etc (which is a small percentage of use).

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,309 Posts
IIRC, owners say at hwy speeds (boost up) passing it does fine. It's the off the line thing some feel is slow?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have 16 Canyon SLT. I get high 20s to mid 30s in the DC area (not high traffic times), mid 30s on highway. Make sure you run in 2wd not auto unless the roads are dicey. Makes a big difference in economy.

Past weekend I pulled a 14' utility trailer with 3000lbs of firewood. Pulled great, amazing usable torque. Performed better than my old v8 Silverado.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am trying to rewired the trailer for brakes and new lights. Not getting 12v at the 7 pin connection except on the brake and aux power poles. Anyone have this problem? I am taking it to the dealer to have them check it out. Will post results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats, welcome to the Baby Duramax family.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts