Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Florida,

I got lucky and picked up one of the new 2006's left. It's my first diesel vehicle. Anyhow, I am glad to have found this site and hope I can do my part and contribute something of value.

Anyhow, I will be driving it on the interstate 65 miles x 2 every day to work. At best I am getting 16.9 if I set the cruise, but would like to get better if possible. What would be the best and most cost effective mod that will get me the best MPG that I can do right now.

By the way, mine is the white one and the other is a relatives '03 3500 Duramax.

I really appreciate any advice or help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that may be the easiest mod, but with so many out there, if anyone has any suggestions on exactly which one will get me there and still leave me money for diesel that would be excellent. Maybe one that is adjustable on the fly. I'm not necesarily looking for a big power upgrade, but I guess they somwhat go hand-in-hand. I'm after MPG as my primary goal for my current driving style.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats on the new buggie!!!! And welcome aboard. Some really great folks on this site. I have found all the info Ive needed so far, and Im in the "middle
stage" of my mods.

Nice Truck, LOVE the color!!!:cool

Talk with ya soon:drink

Eric

·
Diesel Addict
7,754 Posts
well for starters a some what cheap mod is getting rid of your muffler and cat and putting a nice 4" turbo back exhaust on,on my LBZ i gained almost 2mpg doing this and then added a PPE programmer and that added another 2 to 3 mpg and that put me in the 21 to 23 mpg on the highway with 19 as all around average...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts