Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to have a friendly race with my good friend's vette. It's s bone stock 460hp vette. I think on a good prepped track they can get down to 12.3 or so. We are going on a "closed course" lol. Back roads.. Anyways my tuning is pretty wicked from Mark at danville. He thinks I'm between 600-630hp...ish. I have the cognito brace and sleeves. I have never done a had boosted launch so any advice is welcome! Planning on running 35 psi in tires, taking torsion bolts completely out, and hoping for the best. I'll probably try a few test launches to get comfortable with how much boost to build. What do guys normally leave at? Mark's tunes hit hard, so I'm worried about the truck wandering bad.

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
good luck friend those vettes can run. Your best shot is to get out of the hole and make that vette run you down. A properly set up front end and lots of boosted launch practice. Finding the sweet spot for psi in the dig will be key to it not wondering.

What are all your mods and suspension set up?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a stage 2 3794, full intake, exhaust (mbrp dp), built trans with 1056, danville's tuning, along with sleeves and the cognito braces.

Question, I am going to swap out my stock drivers manifold, and I was curious if the dhd center link brace will work with my cognito braces? Which is better?

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
By cognito braces, I presume you mean the pitman and idler support kit. If so, no you can't use the dhd brace and the PISK together, but the PISK is more then enough. I've seen people try both. Work equally well, just comes down to price.

Try building rpms from 2000-2300rpm in 4wd before putting the skinny to the floor and letting of the brake completely. You should find your sweet spot. Will help a lot if you can take the torsion bar bolts out or back them off to get a negative cv angle, if they are flat it will buck a bit, if your levelled then you better hold on and pray your front end likes you.

·
Registered
445 Posts
The key here will be how well the guy can drive that Vette and how well you launch. Take video and whoop his ass. Even if you lose but hang with him. I'd still be damn proud of any HD truck that can play with those boys. What is your truck?

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
My neighbor rode in my truck he swears its faster than his 2013 Hemi Challenger.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is an 08 crew cab. I have a set of new stock size duellers I'll use instead of my 33s. I'm going to remove torsion bolts and see how my angle looks. It may have aftermarket torsion keys..might have to buy a set if stock ones.

Really? I did some searching and the PISK braces are enough? I figured I'd need the dhd brace kit after I did some searching.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
With the PISK the center link can still bend. With the dhd brace it cant..

Or maybe I'm missing something??????

·
Registered
521 Posts
Go with the DHD Brace, I've heard of people breaking the PISK kit if they get rough enough with it sled pulling. You WON'T break the DHD brace. And good luck with the vette, I think you can take him with a hard launch and a little luck (meaning maybe he won't be that great of a driver).

·
Vendor
1,766 Posts
The vette is prolly gonna eat you you'll beat him on launch after that he's gonna be gone

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
I don't think you've got enough fuel to make this happen. You're 600+ hp quote is probably pretty flimsy at best without a lift pump. The only thing you can really do is pray he doesn't know how to drive it, because with a decent driver you'll get eaten alive everytime.

·
Registered
287 Posts
sub'd for outcome....good luck :popcorn

·
Registered
362 Posts
No lift pump, = no win.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Did Mark actually say you were at 600-630 hp without a lift pump? How could you spend all that money on air and and trans but not get a lift pump?

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
The lift pump I'd definitely your weak point. My truck was running out of fuel with stock turbo and an Edge Juice the lift pump made a night and day difference. Same CP-3 pushing way more fuel at about the same HP as your claiming is now holding rail pressure fine.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.