Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i dont know how fast the new tundras are with the i-force v8 but its the first time i raced anyone...so just going down a four lane highway pull up to a stop light and he pulls up then when it turned green he took off got like two lengths on me before i realized he wanted to go so i caught up then we got to another red light and i knew it was on this time:D so turns green i floor it and get a length on him before he slows down and we turn off the highway he goes by me and gives me a thumbs up smiling...man im hooked now it was really fun...the whole time i was eating my subway too haha...not a big kill i dont think:confused: but it sure was fun for sure need a built tranny so i can turn the tuner up to level 10!:rockin

·
Registered
244 Posts
well i dont know how fast the new tundras are with the i-force v8 but its the first time i raced anyone...so just going down a four lane highway pull up to a stop light and he pulls up then when it turned green he took off got like two lengths on me before i realized he wanted to go so i caught up then we got to another red light and i knew it was on this time:D so turns green i floor it and get a length on him before he slows down and we turn off the highway he goes by me and gives me a thumbs up smiling...man im hooked now it was really fun...the whole time i was eating my subway too haha...not a big kill i dont think:confused: but it sure was fun for sure need a built tranny so i can turn the tuner up to level 10!:rockin

awsome i love it

·
Needs more go fast
12,518 Posts
nice job man :drink

say bye to an extra cash now :rof

·
Registered
473 Posts
pretty goood.them new 5.7 tundras were in motortrend with a 5.9 0-60

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha yea im sure my tranny hated me after it but it was fun, makes me want to beef it up bad:D..but thanks for the info 798pipeliner that is a decent number

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Congrats man :drink

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice I cant wait for my first good kill.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They can only run the 5.9 0-60 in regular cab/short bed model. A 4 door short/short bed will still do it in 7.1 so kudos to you still. They definately have some pull.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I raced my guy in my other company truck and it was a neck and neck. (The other truck is a 2007.5 6.0 gasser) WTF!! I thought that I would waste him.

Good job dude!!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
could i have got more on him if i would have done a boosted launch...kinda end it right off the line not even let him be close?

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
They are no match for a tuned Duramax.Congrats on keeping the ricers in their place.:drink

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha i bet im hooked already and really the rbp is the only thing i have done to the truck

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
just becareful with the hot levels your tranny will go kaboom fast i run a 135 rwhp lvl and she does ok

·
Registered
609 Posts
Decent kill my friend....My old NBS tundra with the 4.7 ran like a scalded ape. I had a lot of fun with it in traffic, and the pest part about it was how nimble it was, and how well it handled in traffic. I dont think my D-Max could have beat it in a race stock, so not bad my friend!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha yea aabout that....im running it on the 160 and baby it almost all the time except for a couple instances:rolleyes: :D but started up the savings acount so if, well, when it blows hopefully ill have enough for a built one

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Mine lasted one year on 100HP,and that's a six speed!!:eek:
Be careful,I give your tranny three months on 160 if ya :gearjamin

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
wow that stink i run the 135 rwhp tune for a couple months now and i give it some hell and shes holding up fine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.