Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here are a few pics of the first truck i bought my junior year of highschool. I loved that thing back when I had it. It was a dog tho, pretty gutless but I didnt care i just loved the sound of it straight piped. It was a super clean truck with low miles, i dont regret buying it at all. And all th highsschool ladies seemed to really like it haha

I bought it stock, then i de-badged it, 3in procomp lift, procomp 33s, 17in Motometals

I stilll see the kid I sold it to driving it around town and it makes me miss it some, then i just stomp on it in my dmax and forget all about it haha

I have to say i love white trucks with black wheels

Here it is stock

Heres it after:

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Pretty sharp lookin dodge!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!, i always try and keep my trucks as clean as i can when its possible

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
If you thought yours was a dog.. my work truck (City of Issaquah) is a 2001 dodge ram 3500 with the v8magnum, single cab, 8ftx6ft dump bed, thing struggles pulling trailers up hills! Not a lot of low end power.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh man i couldnt even imagine! on gas too! I was lucky to get 11mpg in that friggen thing

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Wow, that looks really nice!!! I like it a lot. I like your duramax better though....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see on the first picture you are laying underneath the the truck? Not a good sign lol,

I had a '98 4x4 1500 for 4 weeks the damn thing was so gutless it couldn't pull our 21' holiday trailer up a small hill @ a 100km, so it had to go and back to chevy I went.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see on the first picture you are laying underneath the the truck? Not a good sign lol,

I had a '98 4x4 1500 for 4 weeks the damn thing was so gutless it couldn't pull our 21' holiday trailer up a small hill @ a 100km, so it had to go and back to chevy I went.
Yeah idk what the heck i was doing, I think i was scoping out the rust holes on one of the exhaust tips.

But yeah the thing was really gutless. I didnt care, it did alright towin the enclosed trailer with 3 quads in it up to dunes. But it doesnt even compare to the dmax. I can hardly tell i even have the trailor behind me

·
VAGITARIAN :)
7,336 Posts
Better than a Ford................anyday

oh man i couldnt even imagine! on gas too! I was lucky to get 11mpg in that friggen thing
318 or 360 under the hood??my buddy has same truck 4x4 and all,except his is black...When my tcase went out I was still 250 miles from home,naturally I needed help in the form of a trailer and truck...{{I FELT HOPELESS CAUSE USUALLY I WAS THE TOW VEHICLE AND TRAILER]]..gotta give the wife props,she called my bud's wife and they got his cousin to hook up the trailer to his Dodge to come pick me up.When they got there I loaded my Duramax on my pal's trailer using his winch bolted to the front of his trailer[which is NICE to have trust me!!].Talk about scary imagine a 18x7.5 trailer w/ 2 3500 lb. axles/bumper pull/no trailer brakes either/and to top it all off a truck that weighs 7856lbs. loaded onto it!![truck exceeded weight cap of trailer by the way]............................long story short I did make it fine and the ol 360 he had pulled it fine,but I could only do 60mph,that truck caught hell on those Miss. hills...It wasn't that i didn't have enough engine power,I just didn't have enough truck and the suspension felt like I was trying to ride a shark...lol!!Oh,and since my buddy helped me out by loaning me his wife,truck,trailer I payed for the fuel/trip back and in the 250 miles back that damn thing DRANK over 150 bucks towing that load,the hills in Miss. !!!!!!!!!!I was freaking out man,we had filled up a lil ways after we'd taken off from Jackson,and by the time we hit the La. state line it was almost time to get more fuel....sorry for the long post,but my duramax would have gone the entire way on 1/2 the fuel,I could have driven 80 mph and been WAY good towing 7800lbs in my truck,and damn it wouldn't have costed me over 150 bucks........IMHO for comparisons sake
I know that is not totally fair because I am comparing a 1500 1/2 ton 4x4 to a diesel 2500 4x4 but just sharing with you guys how having the right truck for the job matters:drink:drink:drink

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
318 or 360 under the hood??my buddy has same truck 4x4 and all,except his is black...When my tcase went out I was still 250 miles from home,naturally I needed help in the form of a trailer and truck...{{I FELT HOPELESS CAUSE USUALLY I WAS THE TOW VEHICLE AND TRAILER]]..gotta give the wife props,she called my bud's wife and they got his cousin to hook up the trailer to his Dodge to come pick me up.When they got there I loaded my Duramax on my pal's trailer using his winch bolted to the front of his trailer[which is NICE to have trust me!!].Talk about scary imagine a 18x7.5 trailer w/ 2 3500 lb. axles/bumper pull/no trailer brakes either/and to top it all off a truck that weighs 7856lbs. loaded onto it!![truck exceeded weight cap of trailer by the way]............................long story short I did make it fine and the ol 360 he had pulled it fine,but I could only do 60mph,that truck caught hell on those Miss. hills...It wasn't that i didn't have enough engine power,I just didn't have enough truck and the suspension felt like I was trying to ride a shark...lol!!Oh,and since my buddy helped me out by loaning me his wife,truck,trailer I payed for the fuel/trip back and in the 250 miles back that damn thing DRANK over 150 bucks towing that load,the hills in Miss. !!!!!!!!!!I was freaking out man,we had filled up a lil ways after we'd taken off from Jackson,and by the time we hit the La. state line it was almost time to get more fuel....sorry for the long post,but my duramax would have gone the entire way on 1/2 the fuel,I could have driven 80 mph and been WAY good towing 7800lbs in my truck,and damn it wouldn't have costed me over 150 bucks........IMHO for comparisons sake
I know that is not totally fair because I am comparing a 1500 1/2 ton 4x4 to a diesel 2500 4x4 but just sharing with you guys how having the right truck for the job matters:drink:drink:drink

Mine was the 5.9 360

Haha but yeah ever i would tow with that thing i could seriously watch the needle drop. Theres a place where we ride our bikes and quads at, its about a 60mile round trip and not even kidding i used half a tank towing my 20ft enclosed trailer... broootall hahah

·
Registered
25 Posts
Awesome truck. That model ram is probably my favorite. They look so good lifted and sound amazing. First time I ever saw it was in "Die Hard with a Vengeance" when I was a kid and loved it ever since.

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry for digging i do not have any business in here but i am aiming for my friend's dodge ram the same like this with 110,000kms. it does not good unlike the truck in here which is really damn bad ass truck. I just like to know where did you get those kind of mags? those dodge parts like these? It really looks good man! Nice truck!

·
Registered
309 Posts
dude thats a sick dodge. i just sold my 99 cummins rclb. it was a rusty, high mileage truck but i loved it because it was my first truck. that truck you had there is a real nice real clean truck. i bought mine junior year too and just sold it. i want a dmax, but hell if i find a cummins as clean as that gasser id buy it in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Man I wish I had a vehicle that nice when i was in high school. I didn't get my first truck till the last semester of my last year. All driving before that was done in the family mini van lol. Words cannot describe the embarrasment

·
Super Moderator
1,165 Posts
I know this thread is super old, but damn that was one clean Dodge. You sure don't see many of those anymore...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts