Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted the outer shell of my grill black today and my freind didnt like it. Its growing on my, I dont know if i should keep it or not....:help

O and i painted my calipers when i put my rims on yesterday... I like them better..

And i ground down the welds on my tip and made it look more flush.. I like it better now.

Im just not sure about the grill though...:help

·
Registered
506 Posts
Ya....i like it too!!!!!

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
looks good to me...

only thing I might worry about it is what type of material the tip is made out of....From the pic it looks like you shaved off the powdercoating/paint...It may rust if its a cheaper material.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You willl get used to it, I hated mine when I did it but it grew on me and im glad I did.

Tip looks good, some have the tip 1 foot further out than it's supposed to be and it's like WTF were you doing..
haha, Yeah, your truck was makeing me want to do it a couple of months ago. But im likeing it alot now..:drink

·
USMC
795 Posts
I like it and plan on doing the same. Your friend prolly drives a ford. And likes guys.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks good to me...

only thing I might worry about it is what type of material the tip is made out of....From the pic it looks like you shaved off the powdercoating/paint...It may rust if its a cheaper material.
I used to have a tip made out of a oil filter...:rof. This one is a 5" piece of pipe that i used a $hitload of exhaust paint on it... If i made it thorugh the winter with a oilfilter im sure ill be fine with this badboy...:D.. Thanks for your consideration though, I agree on if i would have sanded the paint off it would rust bad..:drink

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
I used to have a tip made out of a oil filter...:rof. This one is a 5" piece of pipe that i used a $hitload of exhaust paint on it... If i made it thorugh the winter with a oilfilter im sure ill be fine with this badboy...:D.. Thanks for your consideration though, I agree on if i would have sanded the paint off it would rust bad..:drink
How in Zeus's butthole did that even work???

·
Im Superrrrr!
14,517 Posts
haha, i wish... He auctally drives a yukon denali with 24's!! haha. ******....:rof
what??? I'd drive a denali and 20's prob.....actually i'd prob drive a denali on 13 wires with gold and chrome spokes...

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what??? I'd drive a denali and 20's prob.....actually i'd prob drive a denali on 13 wires with gold and chrome spokes...
haha, thats what i thought I think 24's are overkill, About the oil filter tip, I wanted a tip real bad and it turned out ok. It was a filter of a John Deere 9300. haha

·
Oh...... Squirrel!
24,083 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oil Filter for a tip! :eek: Thats usen your nogeen ******* side of Ya. I wana see picks of it. + Looks all sum.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts