Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

401 - 420 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
It's my first post here after only being a visitor for when I screw things up, but this thread was entertaining. Thank you for the great documentation.

I hope to do the Pump Rub Kit and Transgo Jr Kit sometime - but I don't know if I'm as brave as you... >:)

So over the weekend I got the TransGo Jr installed. Saturday was 97* out, about 85* in the garage, and it kicked my ass most of the way. Started early at 8am to hopefully finish up by the hottest part of the day. Took about 6.5 hours with a trip to Home Depot in there too.

Got her opened up

Loosened all the bolts before removing the VB, but only fully removed the ones needed to pull it out. That stupid pin that goes on the "rooster comb" (shift lever) basically fell out as I pulled the VB down and twisted it to disengage it... then the manual shift valve slid out and into my drain pan. That pin will come back to bite me later...

Pulled the rest of the bolts out on the bench.

Black solenoid popped out on its own and onto the floor once i removed the plate that holds it in *sigh*. Laid them out on a paper towel to keep track of the parts.

My work area... what a freaking mess this makes!

Got the VB split apart and cleaned off the plate. It was at this point that the wife stepped out and comments "that looks like a brain", and I had her snap these pics.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Exciting update... ;)

My hitch pins had been looking pretty sad for a while now. I THOUGHT they were stainless when I bought them -- guess not.

Borrowed the cargo trailer from a friend to help my sister move this weekend... had flipped the ball from 2" to 2-5/16" before heading over. Had to help move his boat so back to 2", then back to 2-5/16". Got home, unhooked the trailer and I knew the nose was high so went to adjust the ball down a bit... damn key got stuck. Won't unlock or let go of the key.

Ordered new STAINLESS pins Friday night 5pm, arrived Sunday around noon-ish.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

Oh, did I mention I'm a pretty good rock farmer? These things keep popping out of the ground like potatoes. This pile is from this summer alone.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Used the truck to help a buddy move this weekend. Moving from Hermiston, OR back to the Portland area. Left Friday night after work.

Just finished up checking tire pressures, getting ready to roll out.

Loaded up, headed out. He had more stuff than I expected, but it all fit! This was Saturday ~5pm.

Took the scenic route back... he showed me where one of Amazon's datacenters is (he worked for them, not anymore).

Pulling the hill coming out of Arlington.

Unloaded into a storage unit Sunday morning. Had that trailer packed to the brim!

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Now that's efficient use of space. Doesn't look like you could get any more in. :thumb

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Washed the windshield inside and out...

Downside of road trips

And double downside of cab lights :(

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Damn straight! Even with the toolbox in there I still have room to haul stuff!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great job on the truck.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
What hitch is that? I had like 4 hitches for my old truck (different drops and ball sizes for my trailers), but the new truck has a 2.5" receiver. Debatting getting a adjustable....

·
LHN...We ARE the Joneses
26,276 Posts
Put in the 2" sleeve and boogie on wit' what ya came with.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Put in the 2" sleeve and boogie on wit' what ya came with.
Buddy has one, super sloppy fit, like throwing a hot dog down a hallway. >:) Loud and rattles and clunks... Makes his Cummins sound like a POS. Hmmm... Maybe its not the hitch. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
My adjustable hitch is a Rapid Hitch. Standard 2" though.

Put the sleeve in and shove some wood shims in there ;)

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Ran my truck through the car wash yesterday. Splurged and went for the paint protectant and underbody rinse... woohoo! Don't think it's been washed since september?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
Pulled apart my right-rear caliper today to figure out why it is squealing. De-glazed the rotor and pads. Pulled the caliper slide pins and cleaned them up, they were pretty sticky and didn't move very well. Pitted AF... slapped some grease on and put it back together for now. Planning on all new brakes soon, just gotta save up the $.

Built a $25 exhaust vent so I can run the truck in the garage and not make my wife's eyes water inside the house.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Now thats what I call a fluid change Ryan.

Is the CTS2 that much better than the CTS? Thinking about upgrading.

JR

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
Now thats what I call a fluid change Ryan.

Is the CTS2 that much better than the CTS? Thinking about upgrading.

JR
Yea, I think it is for the bigger screen alone.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Summit has em for $429 with a free EGT probe, but you have to wait for it.

Did you mount to the pod like the CTS?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Summit has em for $429 with a free EGT probe, but you have to wait for it.

Did you mount to the pod like the CTS?
Yeah I just used the CTS adapter. I don't have a problem with it other than it does sit a bit higher so there is a gap at the bottom.

401 - 420 of 484 Posts