Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had to have my crossmember that holds the gas tank and rear shock up replaced . It was rotted . The rest of the frame looked great ! But the inside of the c channel frame rail was a little scaly so I had the shop that replaced the crossmember de scale and spray chassis saver on the frame . They agreed that the frame was nice and solid and in good shape . I got my truck back Friday and crawled underneath Saturday when I had time . I looked at the job they did and they missed painting some spots . Then I lowered my spare tire, they hadn’t painted that area at all . The frame rail on the left of my spare tire is kind of rotted in a spot . How do I repair this ? Just weld a plate in ? I’ll try and get pictures . It looks like there is two layers of frame rail back there and it’s juar the top piece .

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had the outside of my frame rails plated and the spare tire carrier cut out and replaced with channeled steel. ill see if i can find a picture of it before the bed was back on.. mine was pretty bad but my guy said not to worry about it since the truck isnt gonna see much towing besides a boat trailer..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They said they’re taking care of it , I’ll send more pics tomorrow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts