Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

201 - 220 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Now that is one sweet truck!! :neener
Could ya post a pic of the steerig wheel.. Curious what they did there.
:thumb
Will post a couple of pictures in the morning. Has front and rear controls.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
.... The break- in period in the owners manual is no towing and no speeds over 55 mph for the first 500 miles (people will argue the break-in procedure one way or the other, but bottom line the owners manual is clear on what They recommend). Also states to gradually increase weight and speed of towing after 500 mile regular break-in for another 500 miles. ....
Same break-in period that GM has specified since the 80s.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
When you post images, it looks like you are copying the "img" code from photobucket site and also clicking the image insert button to put the photos here, so 90% of your photos have duplicate image tags

When you copy the image code from photobucket, just paste it in the message. There's no need to click the insert image button

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I test drove on a few weeks ago and took a bunch of pictures of it, but have been so busy, I haven't uploaded them yet.

They are VERY quiet. Quieter than my 2009, which is quiet compared to my 2006. (yes, I have two Duramax trucks)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Yes the recommended break-in has been around for decades.

Thanks for the info on posting pictures.

Will try your LED supplier.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Here are the pictures of the front and rear steering wheels control options:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
Thanks guys, here is the latest thing I installed which is more of a convenience feature when tailgating or for charging work tools. I hooked up a trailer/camper harness 7-wire trailer plug in the bed and bought a trailer plug adapter that has a plug-in 12-volt receptacle adapter so I can use 12-volt lights, chargers and anything else that runs on low voltage. Its fed thru a 30 amp/fuse protected circuit in the factory trailer harness. Don't have to have the tailgate down or a cord hanging over the tailgate from the factory bumper plug.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What's you opinion on the weather tech 2nd row liners. I was thinking about them also. Have the front ones already. Right now I have some carpet cut out and on the floor. Are they worth the money to get?
I have both but only used the fronts. I don't care for them. Doesn't stay snug by the door and it moves around

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
I first had the factory rubber mats and hated them.
I then bought the factory heavy duty all-weather mats and hated them.
Finally, I researched others and ended up with the heavy-duty all-weather WeatherTechs and I love them.
I constantly have grand kids in the truck and I do off-roading with my Polaris Razr so chances of getting spills and dirt inside are common.
I don't see or know of what else you can buy to protect the floors any better than these.
I will post comparison pictures later today and you can make up your own mind.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #214 (Edited)
Here are the stock factory rubber mats:

These are the factory heavy duty all-weather premium mats:

This is the All-Weather WeatherTech rear mat which is full-coverage of the entire rear floor including under the seat with cupped edges to contain spills:

Pictures of the front mats are earlier in this thread. I took pictures with the WeatherTechs right out of the box, unrolled and laid down in the truck. After a couple of days the edges lay down and form the edges against the kick panel areas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice truck! What leveling kit did you use? I'm waiting for my 2015 gmc hd Duramax to arrive in 4 weeks and that is one of the things I want to do.
Thanks!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Thanks, I used the Cognito UCA's, shock extenders, and keys. You definitely need the UCA's or else your ball joints are all out of whack and the bump stops are off giving a poor ride quality. Electronic alignment was used after the installation and corrections were made with no problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Chevy D'max High Country

I know there have been lots of questions about the '15s. Thought I'd post a pic of my set up. 2015 built after August 14, Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Kit, Nitto Terra Grappler 295/60/20 (34.5x12), no trimming required. 2014-11-08 16.20.32.jpg

201 - 220 of 220 Posts