Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I oficially feel like a real member now since I finally got a Duramax! I have been looking and dreaming for several months and finally put myself in a position to get what I wanted and found the truck which wasn't easy. First I had to sell my 2004 Ram SRT10 Viper Truck heavily modified. I had it priced very low for everything I had on it and even though miles were under 60k I couldn't sell it...not much of a market for those right now. I ended up selling it to my nieghbor who has a dealer license just to get rid of it. Then it took me a few weeks of searching...I wanted a new body style, black w/ leather 4x4 those were my only criteria. I kept finding decent trucks out of state but getting the deal done w/ my credit union was impossible plus the added expense of getting it down to S. FL. I had looked on craigslist but all of the trucks I found were older. My friend found this one just by putting in the word diesel and searching through about 30 pages of stuff. I was amazed he found this and it was only 60 miles from me. I bought it from the original owner great guy who wanted to downsize and get some money back.

It is an 08 SLT fairly loaded w/ sunroof, NAV etc. He had just put brand new tires on it. He took it to PELA Motorsports up in Jupiter FL and had an exhaust put on and a very mild EFI Live 30 HP tune for fuel economy and a little more pep. Adam Pela also did the DPF delete and put in an EGR blocker plate. I spoke with him on the phone before I bought it and he told me to bring it in if I get it and he would go over everything and talk about future mods. He seems like he really knows the Dmaxes well...he did a lot of work on my buddies 06 LBZ...anyone else know him? He did not do the downpipe but from there it is 4" into a 5" section with a big muffler w/ 5" out of that to a 6" tip behind the tire.

I am stoked with the look, comfort, power and handling...steering is very tight. I want to level the front out....what vendor should I contact to get those parts and how much are they? I will probably work with PELA for future mods he said since he already has the VIN liscence he will make me custom tunes and add a switch for $200. I also would like to do a full EGR delete, PCV rerout, down pipe and a lift pump. Any other suggestions...dont' want to go too crazy or spend too much.......yet anyway! I'm sure the bug will get me.

Here are some pics....BTW I live in Ft. Lauderdale if anyone ever wants to meet up for a beer.:drink

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Congrats and I don't live to far from you.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Congrats man

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
No need to do egr delete if he already put the plate in. A air dog 2, edge insight cts and a transgo jr would be your next best mods.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Nice truck man! I have the same one lol

·
Doin it...
1,278 Posts
Lift pump, transgo jr, and some sort of gauges. I recommend cognito for the front end, and maybe some wheels and tires?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I have worked my arse off the last couple years to pay off my old truck and get this.

yes lift pump is in the near future. I read a lot about the transgo jr mod....what is that and what does it do...seems relatively inexpensive but a good mod to have?

Yes Pela does thier own tunes they have a lot of info on thier site.

·
Registered
7,861 Posts
Welcome to the DF

Sent from my DROIDX

·
Do work!
2,234 Posts
I like mechanical gauges better than a monitor too. But if you go with the insight they have a pillar mount that mounts it just like gauges.

·
Registered
239 Posts
congrats man! great looking truck. I'm south of miami and Ft Lauderdale but would love to get some more guys from the south Florida area to meet up sometime.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
welcome, good lookin ride u got.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nice truck, welcome!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats man I have an 09 LMM although Chevy youre going to keep falling in love ! Yes lift pump is a must.. pillar gauges if you’re going to be tuning and adding more power to her or some kind of electronic Reader CS CTS2 delete can for the old filter .. egr delete or blocked plates... cant stress this enough TRANS GO JR SHIFT KIT your trans will thank you in the end .. pvc RR is a great option I would deff consider trans tuning also if you’re going retune the truck.. I got some work into mine love pulling up on some punk kid in a mustang or something. On the highway and I give him the sauce and watch their mouths hit the floor

·
Registered
140 Posts
Also bud I have an extra PPE race fuel rail plug I would give it to ya for free funny story behind that .. look into it cool little cheap mod easy to do if you’re handy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts