Chevy and GMC Duramax Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
to start i have changed the rubber hose under cab and at engine installed a race valve did not work then i cleaned radiator under cab installed 100 air dog and it replaced all fuel line from tank to engine and this code just keep throwing. the truck has a egr block finger stick and 4 in. exhaust i have a bully dog gt but it is just to delete code and is set on no power. truck has 220k miles on it

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
maybe its your fpr on your cp3?

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
^^^if possible log desired vs actual rail pressure...does your truck lope or surge? sorry shoulda mentioned this in the first post

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miles is 220k. i have not figured out how to check pressure with bd it says it will do it but i have not found it yet. truck runs fine light come on bd takes ten sec to clear keep going sometimes it takes a min to get back to pulling

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Code can be many things.

Shim FPRV
Issue with AirDog providing positive pressure to CP3
Too big of a tune
Weak CP3

Any body local have a v2?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Code can be many things.

Shim FPRV
Issue with AirDog providing positive pressure to CP3
Too big of a tune
Weak CP3

Any body local have a v2?
I'm gonna say its the cp3. He has no Big tune, he has the Ppe race valve and an ad at any pressure will supply enough to the cp3 for a stock tune...They are flow throughs aren't they? He also said he replaced the rubber lines which rids it of being a fuel line issue unless the steel lines are cracked or kinked somewhere? And with an ad2 aren't those lines replaced anyways?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is everything i have done to try and stop the code. the truck is stock tune the bd is set on no power the air dog is the last thing i have done to try and stop p0087

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
Did you change your fuel filter? Also check to see if the fuel filter housing is cracked or if there are any leaks from the filter.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna say its the cp3. He has no Big tune, he has the Ppe race valve and an ad at any pressure will supply enough to the cp3 for a stock tune...They are flow throughs aren't they? He also said he replaced the rubber lines which rids it of being a fuel line issue unless the steel lines are cracked or kinked somewhere? And with an ad2 aren't those lines replaced anyways?
yes the ad dog lines are from tank to engine factory on frame are not used

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you change your fuel filter? Also check to see if the fuel filter housing is cracked or if there are any leaks from the filter.
does not have factory filter air dog has own filter

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
Missed the mods..

A small tune with too much pulse width can cause the problem, that said it's irrelevant on a stock tune.

I'd say fuel filter, collapsing fuel lines, or weak cp3.

Really need a data log to see what it is doing and when.

Edit: If AirDog is plumbed from tank to cp3, that is ruled out as well unless it's plumbed incorrectly or weird failure on pump.

I'd get a datalog before going out and replacing the cp3.

Maybe check fuel return rate?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Missed the mods..

A small tune with too much pulse width can cause the problem, that said it's irrelevant on a stock tune.

I'd say fuel filter, collapsing fuel lines, or weak cp3.

Really need a data log to see what it is doing and when.
bully dog is on no power, air dog replaced fuel lines from tank to engine and has own filter the stock filter is not used the fuel line hooked up on driver side of engine

·
I'm That Guy...
16,689 Posts
bully dog is on no power, air dog replaced fuel lines from tank to engine and has own filter the stock filter is not used
You plumbed direct to cp3?

AirDog filter could be bad, but unlikely.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I have been trying to solve this problem since around july 2010 it does not do it in winter time with temps in 60's or lower the only time it does it is when pulling the trailer which what it does four days a week (It has started doing it all the time pulling a trailer even with temp in the 30s)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You plumbed direct to cp3?

AirDog filter could be bad, but unlikely.
i did what instruction said it has quick disconnect to hook up where you unhook fuel line from engine

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 99 Posts